*** QB Cooper Bateman Commits to Alabama *** (See Page 18)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: QB Cooper Bateman Updates

Considering that information was taken out of a 247.com article, Bateman said what's in the post. Whether or not he was just saying stuff to say is difficult to decide.
When it comes to QB`s, Loeffler`s a threat, apparently.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

He has already been to both UA and au.

It is ALABAMA that he is bringing his parents and coach to see.......not au!

While au may be in his top five, it doesn't sound to me that au is in his top four!:cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He has already been to both UA and au.

It is ALABAMA that he is bringing his parents and coach to see.......not au!

While au may be in his top five, it doesn't sound to me that au is in his top four!:cool2:
Auburn doesn't allow parents to make the trips. Just ask Cryus' parents and Calloway's parents.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

This is an example of the Auburn tactic of offering anyone with bama offer to improve their chances of getting a good player and trying to say that "stole one from us".

sorry but once people realize loeffler has done very very very little in his carrer and his claim to fame is failing to prepare tim tebow for the NFL, all that crap should die down. I can not count how many NFL scouts and coaches talk about how poorly tebow was developed by the Meyer staff, add in Brantley and you have a guy just straight lying about his success.
Say what you will about how great tebow was in college but you dont coach "run that guy over" almost all of what tebow did had little to do with Urbans staff at UF.

sorry about the rant but the loeffler inveneted football rumors AU is putting out there need to end.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

It's so cute *U think they have a shot at Bateman. If a young man is planning on playing football 1700 miles away from home, it will be at a school he has actually heard of and not some backwater West GA wannabe school. Regardless of if Bama lands Bateman or not (leaving that to those who follow recruiting intently) I can almost predict that *U won't get Bateman (at least without a little som'thin-som'thin).

But it is still cute to me that *U thinks itself relevent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It's so cute *U think they have a shot at Bateman. If a young man is planning on playing football 1700 miles away from home, it will be at a school he has actually heard of and not some backwater West GA wannabe school. Regardless of if Bama lands Bateman or not (leaving that to those who follow recruiting intently) I can almost predict that *U won't get Bateman (at least without a little som'thin-som'thin).

But it is still cute to me that *U thinks itself relevent.
Auburn won the national title less than 24 months ago. Bateman has actually heard of them. Especially since he took a visit there. And that BCS title, dirty or not, is still theirs and makes them relevant.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

LSU board folks are echoing the belief that he will go with the Tide.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/33261696/Cooper-Bateman-latest.aspx
There's also a thread on their SEC recruiting board that leaves out of the crying from some portions of the LSU fanbase.

The general feeling is that Alabama is the team to beat. Utah is not in his final five. Alabama will be the only school, out-of-state, that he's visited more than once.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

This is an example of the Auburn tactic of offering anyone with bama offer to improve their chances of getting a good player and trying to say that "stole one from us".

sorry but once people realize loeffler has done very very very little in his carrer and his claim to fame is failing to prepare tim tebow for the NFL, all that crap should die down. I can not count how many NFL scouts and coaches talk about how poorly tebow was developed by the Meyer staff, add in Brantley and you have a guy just straight lying about his success.
Say what you will about how great tebow was in college but you dont coach "run that guy over" almost all of what tebow did had little to do with Urbans staff at UF.

sorry about the rant but the loeffler inveneted football rumors AU is putting out there need to end.
Actually Scot Loeffler was the QBs coach at Michigan for much of the Lloyd Carr era. He was in the running for the OC job at Alabama in 2008 and 2012. He's a solid coach, aside from what little impact he had on Tim Tebow at UF. He lacks play calling experience, but I think he's a solid teacher. Considering AU will run an offense similar to Alabama, I think we can expect to go head-to-head on more offensive skill players than in the past. That won't be relegated to regional players either. Their national title from 2010 is still fresh enough to matter to kids around the country, and that crystal ball can get their foot in the door even without the name recognition of an Alabama or Florida. It sucks, but we'll have to deal with it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

There's also a thread on their SEC recruiting board that leaves out of the crying from some portions of the LSU fanbase.

The general feeling is that Alabama is the team to beat. Utah is not in his final five. Alabama will be the only school, out-of-state, that he's visited more than once.
Per the quote I saw on Tigerdroppings I agree with you. It looks like if he has a really good visit and his dad likes everything he will commit to us during the visit or shortly afterwards.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Auburn won the national title less than 24 months ago. Bateman has actually heard of them. Especially since he took a visit there. And that BCS title, dirty or not, is still theirs and makes them relevant.
A touch of sarcasm there, friend. I know he knows *U but I am also pretty sure that if he had to leave Utah, it wouldn't be for a school like *U.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

A touch of sarcasm there, friend. I know he knows *U but I am also pretty sure that if he had to leave Utah, it wouldn't be for a school like *U.
Other than being an Alabama fan, what makes you think that?
capstone and RTR91,

are you guys in cahoots with your replies on this thread or something?? :smile::rolleye2:
I was just pointing out where the poster was wrong in his post, that he now says was sarcasm.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Other than being an Alabama fan, what makes you think that?

I was just pointing out where the poster was wrong in his post, that he now says was sarcasm.
Why are you calling me out, tho? It was an opinion (and part sarcasm, tho it be very dry and lost in translation, but sarcasm nonetheless), NOTHING MORE/NOTHING LESS. I was inferring nothing, just giving my .02 cents on what I have read on this site and other site. So relax, bro.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Actually Scot Loeffler was the QBs coach at Michigan for much of the Lloyd Carr era. He was in the running for the OC job at Alabama in 2008 and 2012. He's a solid coach, aside from what little impact he had on Tim Tebow at UF. He lacks play calling experience, but I think he's a solid teacher. Considering AU will run an offense similar to Alabama, I think we can expect to go head-to-head on more offensive skill players than in the past. That won't be relegated to regional players either. Their national title from 2010 is still fresh enough to matter to kids around the country, and that crystal ball can get their foot in the door even without the name recognition of an Alabama or Florida. It sucks, but we'll have to deal with it.
what he's done had nothing to do with some of his claims. he's been taking credit for Aaron hernandez at UF while he was the QB coach. he's basically telling recruits he invented air and getting away with it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Why are you calling me out, tho? It was an opinion (and part sarcasm, tho it be very dry and lost in translation, but sarcasm nonetheless), NOTHING MORE/NOTHING LESS. I was inferring nothing, just giving my .02 cents on what I have read on this site and other site. So relax, bro.
I wasn't trying to call you out. Just having a discussion.
what he's done had nothing to do with some of his claims. he's been taking credit for Aaron hernandez at UF while he was the QB coach. he's basically telling recruits he invented air and getting away with it.
Who's going to call him out on it? Another coach? A reporter? A player?

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

Just playing devil's advocate, but are we certain that he had nothing to do with that schematically?

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

He's doing the same that any new coach would do. He has ties to players like Aaron Hernandez and he's using that. Sal Sunseri did the same with Julius Peppers, when recruiting pass rushers.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Auburn is a legitimate threat here because they are going pro-style and because a high-quality prospect could legitimately win the starting job there as a true freshman. And, frankly, it's by no means a bad program, which is something that a lot of 'Bama people like to forget. It's historically a top fifteen program nationally, and they are just about eighteen months removed from a national championship. Saving Tubby's implosion a few years back, they usually tend to get their fair share of recruits.

As for Loeffler, he's really not doing anything most coaches don't, though in typical Auburn fashion there does seem to be a bit more hyperbole involved than usual. The best that can happen for us will be for this fall to get here, because once the season starts all of the hot air quickly dissipates because the recruits can see the on-field product for themselves and they don't pay as much attention to the high talk the coaches are sending their way.

That said, Bateman is looking to decide before then, so I'm not sure how much that will count. I still like our chances here and I am encouraged that he is returning to Tuscaloosa later this summer, but for the most part the kid sounds like a toss-up to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.