*** QB Cooper Bateman Commits to Alabama *** (See Page 18)

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Re: *** QB Cooper Bateman Commits to Alabama *** (See Page 8)

I am enjoying looking at our checklist:

QB check

CB check
MLB check
OG check, check, check
TE check
RB check, check
WR check, check, check

This class is shaping up very nicely

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Finally watched his film. Pretty impressive. I'm surprised at well he runs. Nice to have a guy that is able to be mobile when he needs to.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

I am enjoying looking at our checklist:

QB check

CB check
MLB check
OG check, check, check
TE check
RB check, check
WR check, check, check

This class is shaping up very nicely
Not to hijack the thread, but the missing parts are still OT. That will be taken care of, but Bateman is probably our biggest commit to date based on team needs, even if he isn't the highest rated guy. I'm very glad we landed one of the top QBs in the country.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: QB Cooper Bateman Updates

Regarding the Mormon issue, which for obvious reasons we're really not going to discuss at length, I believe he has previously stated that he is not Mormon and thus there will be no mission trip.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

Big pick-up for now, he's the caliber of QB we've been searching for. On the downside, he's still 2,000 miles from Tuscaloosa and it's still almost eight months to National Signing Day, and as I've said we're going to have to keep fighting to hang onto this one. Can't be complacent here.
I'm not too worried. He seems to be pretty intent on enrolling early.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Maybe one day all the religious zelots will kill each other off and we will no longer be able to hate a kid because of his religious upbringing.

Too harsh?
Too harsh and completely inappropriate.

Completely. I don't think anyone here cares how the young man practices his faith. If I can speak for everyone who wondered, it had everything to do with the possible mission trip(s) and hiatuses from the team/school. But those questions have been answered. Hooray

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL

Maybe one day all the religious zelots will kill each other off and we will no longer be able to hate a kid because of his religious upbringing.

Too harsh?
They don't hate him, they just don't want him leaving to go work on a mission.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It's really a two-year mission, but he's not LDS, so it doesn't matter. I guess Saban might recruit an LDS QB, but I kinda doubt it. Seamless progression of development is so important in a QB, I have my doubts. At BYU, they have to put up with it. I've always suspected that BYU was delighted to snag the occasional non-LDS player simply because they wouldn't be taking a mission. OTOH, there's that "Honor Code" - no sex, alcohol, smoking, caffeine. I think I could do the smoking part. Jim McMahon, a rare non-LDS to attend there got suspended for the season. In later interviews, he made it clear that he didn't take their Code seriously. "You just had to find girls who wouldn't tell on you..." :D

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.