*** QB Cooper Bateman Commits to Alabama *** (See Page 18)

Leather Helmet

Feb 2, 2011
Re: QB Cooper Bateman Updates

Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 Maybe one day all the religious zelots will kill each other off and we will no longer be able to hate a kid because of his religious upbringing.

Too harsh?

First off, learn how to spell "zealot" before you start casting unwarranted aspersions, character assassinations, and ad hominem attacks on an entire class of people about which you apparently know nothing. Secondly, the young man's faith is his own. I suppose if the fellow is not LDS but is a firm Christian, say Baptist or Pentecostal, then using your rude and unnecessary descriptive would place Mr. Bateman into that category of "religious zelot" (sic). Please, by all means, you should encourage Mr. Bateman to kill himself in order to satiate your own prejudicial bigotry.

I assume you do not know what ad hominem is. Look it up. You clearly also do not understand the concept of zealotry.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Maybe one day all the religious zelots will kill each other off and we will no longer be able to hate a kid because of his religious upbringing.

Too harsh?
Originally Posted by IMALOYAL1 Maybe one day all the religious zelots will kill each other off and we will no longer be able to hate a kid because of his religious upbringing.

Too harsh?

First off, learn how to spell "zealot" before you start casting unwarranted aspersions, character assassinations, and ad hominem attacks on an entire class of people about which you apparently know nothing. Secondly, the young man's faith is his own. I suppose if the fellow is not LDS but is a firm Christian, say Baptist or Pentecostal, then using your rude and unnecessary descriptive would place Mr. Bateman into that category of "religious zelot" (sic). Please, by all means, you should encourage Mr. Bateman to kill himself in order to satiate your own prejudicial bigotry.

I assume you do not know what ad hominem is. Look it up. You clearly also do not understand the concept of zealotry.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

They don't hate him, they just don't want him leaving to go work on a mission.
Florida fans didn't hate Tebow and we sure don't hate Jones. Both of those young men have gone on missions and Howrah for them.
They were doing as they have been taught instead of pulling an Ark, Barn, or Lswho thingy!!!

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

The religious angle has been covered and there's no need to mention it again .

Don't make us start writing tickets :)

Rogue Elephant

May 15, 2012

With his talent and the coaching this kid will get over the next few years at Bama, the sky is the limit.
RTR!!!!!!!

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

BET, I wonder if this guy knows that we will still be recruiting another QB - do you know? I'd hate it if he changed his commitment because we took a commitment from another one.

RTR!
Riley Ferguson and Ryan Buchanan, among a couple of other QBs, are still scheduled to throw for Coach Saban and staff in June. Cooper Bateman was just among a couple of QBs that would have had the green light to commit without a throwing session. As for a second QB, I would also keep an eye on Jason Smith (athlete) of Mobile and Joshua Dobbs of Marietta, Georgia.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

As mentioned before, Cooper is wanting to enroll early for spring next year, so we won't have to recruit him through Feb.
In the Salt Lake newspaper, his coach made it crystal clear that Cooper had done all his homework and is solid in his decision. Cooper has always wanted to play out of state in a big football conference.

How do you experts compare Cooper to Phillip Ely or Alec Morris? Ely looked good in the A-day game. Will Ely and Morris be looking to transfer or Will Ely be the better game manager?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

How do you experts compare Cooper to Phillip Ely or Alec Morris? Ely looked good in the A-day game. Will Ely and Morris be looking to transfer or Will Ely be the better game manager?
Not an expert at all, but I'll try to answer... Cooper comes to Bama with more hype than Ely and Morris. Ely will enter his RS Sophomore year when Cooper gets to campus; I can't see him transferring, especially with the possibility of AJ leaving. Morris will either be a RS Freshman or a Sophomore. Not sure he'd transfer, either.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

As mentioned before, Cooper is wanting to enroll early for spring next year, so we won't have to recruit him through Feb.
In the Salt Lake newspaper, his coach made it crystal clear that Cooper had done all his homework and is solid in his decision. Cooper has always wanted to play out of state in a big football conference.

seems pretty early for transfer talk. Let's see how Ely and Morris perform this fall. Besides, we're already a QB short, thus the talk of signing two in 2013. One last point: they all look great in high school. Old timers will remember the year that Perkins brought in three of the top QBs in the country. In the end, a skinny, slow kid from Hamilton turned out to better than all of them.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

seems pretty early for transfer talk. Let's see how Ely and Morris perform this fall. Besides, we're already a QB short, thus the talk of signing two in 2013. One last point: they all look great in high school. Old timers will remember the year that Perkins brought in three of the top QBs in the country. In the end, a skinny, slow kid from Haleyville turned out to better than all of them.
That's a good point to remember. Of all of the positions, OL and QB seem to be the hardest to predict...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.