Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: SF/SG Devon Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ElephanTideis View Post
    247 analyst William Gunter said 2 days ago that we are the team to beat for Walker. In the comments below the article.

http://247sports.com/Article/Top-Unsigned-Seniors-69487
    That all started to change Tuesday night. Billy D swooped in at the last minute and got him. Looks like he'll be a gator tomorrow.

http://www.polkpreps.com/news/articl...medium=twitter

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC ElephanTideis's Avatar

Should have signed Sword or Williams in my opinion.

BamaNation All-SEC

Should have signed Sword or Williams in my opinion.
    I don't disagree, but there are a few factors in play. For starters in the fall we only had 1 spot open, but it looked as if we were going after 2. Marcus Hunt, Willie Cauley, Gavin Ware, and Devonta Pollard all had real intersest in us. We were in the top 2 for Hunt, Cauley, and Ware Sadly, they went with their other choice. Hunt and Ware stayed in state while Cauley went to UK. I don't think we can take resources away from those type of prospects to recruit Walker, Williams, and to a lesser extent Haughton. Everybosy except the mid major slow played all three of those guys. The second part of it is that I don't think Chick had any real interest in signing with Alabama. If we knew going into the year that Hankerson would leave and Mitchell would pull his crap I think our recruiting would have been a lot different.

Had our signing class been Haughton, Williams, and Walker in the fall I would not have been happy. Now I'd take that class with bells on. Basketball recruitng is a very fluid situation.
    Last edited by BamaMTA06; April 12th, 2012 at 06:40 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC ElephanTideis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMTA06 View Post
    I don't think we can take resources away from those type of prospects to recruit Walker, Williams, and to a lesser extent Haughton. Everybosy except the mid major slow played all three of those guys.
    And Arkansas.

I just don't like letting the in-state guys get away. We have to fight for every scrap as it is without letting other programs come in and get the local guys.

If we are going to gamble by going after out of state guys over in-state guys we need to land them.
    Last edited by ElephanTideis; April 12th, 2012 at 07:02 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC
    And Arkansas.

I just don't like letting the in-state guys get away. We have to fight for every scrap as it is without letting other programs come in and get the local guys.

If we are going to gamble by going after out of state guys over in-state guys we need to land them.
    That's true, but what really got Williams to Arkansas was Anderson and the assistant's ties to birmingham.

The only other option we have is going hard are after marginal players instate players. I've never been big on saying we have to sign the best instate players b/c sometimes the best instate player is not SEC level talent. For eaxmple, two years ago Hankerson was rated higher than every player in AL except KT Harrell...

BamaNation Second Team Bama Shoals's Avatar

Walker picked Florida.
    "Then I said unto them, What is the high place whereunto ye go? And the name thereof is called Bamah unto this day." Ezekiel 20:29
    Proof that the Crimson Tide is the only team to pull for in college football!