BamaNation First Team First Sergeant's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the recruiting fallout of the termination of Bobby Petrino?

Do we benefit from any upcoming recruits because BP is out at Arkansas?
    Jeremy

"Passion is being committed, not just interested"

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: OK, I'll Ask:)

Doubtful, I believe they only had 2 commitments anyway. However, this pretty much assures us of signing Tenpenny (not that there was much doubt to begin with).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more concerned with Petrino leaving than him there, especially with Tenpenny being from Little Rock, Arkansas and already committed. Never know how a new coach may make him a priority and sell the running game, it seemed he was not interested in Arkansas's pass oriented system.

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peariver View Post
    I'm more concerned with Petrino leaving than him there, especially with Tenpenny being from Little Rock, Arkansas and already committed. Never know how a new coach may make him a priority and sell the running game, it seemed he was not interested in Arkansas's pass oriented system.
    Right.

Tenpenny was never going to Fayetteville to watch the QB air it out 40 times per game, hence his early commitment to us. But if a new coach comes in with a greater focus on the running game, things could get dicey for us, especially given that they'll be able to sell immediate playing time.

As for other recruits, it's a complete non-issue. We're just recruiting completely different players.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    Right.

Tenpenny was never going to Fayetteville to watch the QB air it out 40 times per game, hence his early commitment to us. But if a new coach comes in with a greater focus on the running game, things could get dicey for us, especially given that they'll be able to sell immediate playing time.

As for other recruits, it's a complete non-issue. We're just recruiting completely different players.
    Which is why I would rather them just go the interim route and give a new coaching staff little time to recruit Altee. Considering we have no connections to the state of Arkansas on our roster or coaching staff, we need all the advantages we can get when recruiting there.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Scout Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Think I am more worried about the Hogs offering Kirby Smart. Doubtful .... but not impossible

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrinkSr View Post
    Think I am more worried about the Hogs offering Kirby Smart. Doubtful .... but not impossible
    Not impossible, but very, very doubtful. Hogs are apparently looking to go with more of a passing game guru, they won't make a defensive hire.

Losing Smart, though, whenever that happens, will have some negative recruiting ramifications. Can't dispute that.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bored on TideFans.com

I only hope that when CKS does finally go for a HC job he goes the way of CJM (a small school in the mountains) We don't need another Florida where W. Muschamp's recruiting so far has outpaced his production.
    That said, I don't see Coach Smart going to Arkansas or anywhere else untill at least the end of the season.