I think it is time for me to move on.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
a friend of mine watches that show and he said it is "just like Friends" which tells me all i need to know. i would absolutley hate that show. i do not like situational comedies.
I see a reaccuring theme here...

How about you tell us about something that you do like!

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
i have already moved on from that. gone on a few dates (nothing great). i am done with her.

Well then, there should be no problem posting pics. :biggrin2:

Hang in there man. Don't rush into anything. Are you looking to stay in the area or you up to moving? Just asking as I see some people who refuse to move outside of an established area for them which severely limits their opportunities.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well then, there should be no problem posting pics. :biggrin2:

Hang in there man. Don't rush into anything. Are you looking to stay in the area or you up to moving? Just asking as I see some people who refuse to move outside of an established area for them which severely limits their opportunities.
It does not matter to me where I live. I have no ties to Atlanta.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Dang buzzard I thought you were much older then 36.
Yeah, I've been told that a lot on here. At first I thought people had that impression because of how mature my posts were. But then realized that wasn't the case. :eek: But rather because of my avatar. A lot of people think I'm "old" because the buzzard looks like an old "fart" or some have actually thought that is a real pic of me. :biggrin:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Yeah, I've been told that a lot on here. At first I thought people had that impression because of how mature my posts were. But then realized that wasn't the case. :eek: But rather because of my avatar. A lot of people think I'm "old" because the buzzard looks like an old "fart" or some have actually thought that is a real pic of me. :biggrin:
You sure it isn't because of your old man like idiosyncracies and 'good ole days' soapbox diatribes? :wink:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Depressing, but I know it's true.
I'm facing the same situation in my career, but I'm currently in school and on pace to graduate after the Summer of '14. I'd love to be able to move on before then, but I'm optimistic that the degree will open doors.

If the world is still even standing in 2014, that is.
You dang right it's true. I've lived it and watched many, many others as well. I look back now and kick myself for buying into the bullcrap in most of the interviews I sat in. A lot of wasted extra hours and going above and beyond to get nothing. I can't tell you how many weekend hours I spent at the office breaking my neck to get deadlines finished early to impress bosses or put in overtime hours (without pay due to me being salary) to help another fellow worker out in another department. All for naught.

I learned the "above and beyond", the "going the extra mile" quickly turns into the expected and becomes a part of your normal job description that eventually gets thrown back in your face in your review. "That's what you're expected to do." That is their rationalization of getting around admitting the fact that you've busted your butt and deserve a raise. They just sweep it under the rug of "That's your normal responsibilities so we're not going to give you a raise for what you're SUPPOSE to do."

It's all a big cat and mouse game.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i thought you and earle were the same age. with a name like buzzard i assumed "old buzzard"

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
i thought you and earle were the same age. with a name like buzzard i assumed "old buzzard"
I got buzzard from when I first registered on the site. Every user name I typed in wasn't available. So I got frustrated and out of my frustration, and as a joke, I typed in "Blindbuzzard" and it accepted it. So I kept it. Then later I changed it to "Bamabuzzard".

HELENKELLERMRI

1st Team
Apr 19, 2008
The Shoals
You dang right it's true. I've lived it and watched many, many others as well. I look back now and kick myself for buying into the bullcrap in most of the interviews I sat in. A lot of wasted extra hours and going above and beyond to get nothing. I can't tell you how many weekend hours I spent at the office breaking my neck to get deadlines finished early to impress bosses or put in overtime hours (without pay due to me being salary) to help another fellow worker out in another department. All for naught.

I learned the "above and beyond", the "going the extra mile" quickly turns into the expected and becomes a part of your normal job description that eventually gets thrown back in your face in your review. "That's what you're expected to do." That is their rationalization of getting around admitting the fact that you've busted your butt and deserve a raise. They just sweep it under the rug of "That's your normal responsibilities so we're not going to give you a raise for what you're SUPPOSE to do."

It's like that in all jobs. The more you do the more that's expected of you. While others that skate by that's what is expected of them.

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.

I found out a long time ago in the work force, all you gotta do is stay one step better than the crappiest worker. Kinda like bein' one step faster than the slowest dude when a grizzly bear is chasin' ya. ;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
It's like that in all jobs. The more you do the more that's expected of you. While others that skate by that's what is expected of them.
Yep. Like I said in my original post. The employer isn't going to admit this directly to you but their underlying goal is to keep their expenses as low as possible while increasing revenue as much as possible. And rumor has it that "Salary & Wages" is an expense...

One of the oil & gas rental equipment companies I worked for was a complete joke. They (the five partners) made money hand over fist, had an EBITDA margin that was out of this world. Yet poor mouthed to the employees (who weren't privy to the financials) how cash strapped they were yet come Christmas time and tax time they seemingly weren't so cash strapped that they couldn't pay themselves a $50,000 Xmas bonus (each) and "Audit Bonuses" of over $100K each. But, hey, they're the owners. They can do what they want with their money.

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
My boss’ claim that everyone is under paid including them.
Funny how the bosses always say "hey we're under paid to ya know". A couple of weeks ago, I heard a boss at my job talk about how underpaid he was, and as he was saying it, he was getting into the back of a car to be shuttled to the airport where his private jet awaited him to take him to Boston for the weekend. A special trip just to attend a Celtics game. If that is underpaid, I'd love to see overpaid! :rolleyes:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.