I think it is time for me to move on.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Lock this thread please. Some people on here don’t seem to grasp that you could just tell me “good luck” or offer advice on starting my business instead they choose to make this dumb repeated tired joke. Please lock the thread.
I haven't read all this thread. If I was you I would quit the job you hate and start your own business. Yes it might be rough the first year or so but the tax right offs are massive and it is great being your own boss. The toughest part is just taking the leap. So just take the leap and you will okay. Do not stay at your job until you are ready to leave because that will be never. Leave, start your firm, be your own boss, make massive amounts of money, and live your life. Good luck and God bless.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I haven't read all this thread. If I was you I would quit the job you hate and start your own business. Yes it might be rough the first year or so but the tax right offs are massive and it is great being your own boss. The toughest part is just taking the leap. So just take the leap and you will okay. Do not stay at your job until you are ready to leave because that will be never. Leave, start your firm, be your own boss, make massive amounts of money, and live your life. Good luck and God bless.
You better have a significant amount of liquid assets in place first so you will have something to live off of.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Lock this thread please. Some people on here don’t seem to grasp that you could just tell me “good luck” or offer advice on starting my business instead they choose to make this dumb repeated tired joke. Please lock the thread.
The only reason the joke revives itself is because it's an insanely close comparison. Everything you do in your career is a mirror of what Ted Mosby has done. It really is almost like you're joking with us now.

And don't worry, if Exbius Designs doesn't work out, you will become a successful college professor. That's not a bad thing, college professors make $$$.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Good luck. I've been to Florence and I think it's as good a place as any to get a fresh start. It's a nice community set at the intersection of two major interstate highways (I-20, I-95). The people in general are real nice and it's only a short hop to both Myrtle Beach SC and Atlantic Beach NC. The fact that you'll be moving into ACC territory not withstanding, I think you'll love it.

Beware though, starting your own business is not for the faint of heart, and doing so in a new town will make it twice as difficult. Again, though, good luck.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Actually I'm giving you the bright side to the potential for failure. You will find that teaching architecture as a professor is something you love to do and this will help lead you to being able to tell your kids how you met their mother.
Totally awesome...I laughed so completely out loud. Thanks Matt...you're the best.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I will never become a professor. One you need a Master’s degree to teach, I do not have that and have no desire to go back to school to get it. Two, I am way too impatient to be a teacher of any kind. Three I hate school. Four as far as $$$$$$, unless you are a tenured professor, you make crap. Nobody just up and decides to teach and makes bank.

As far as starting the firm, it was not my idea to do it. This was a friend of a friend who is starting the firm. We got to know each other in school and he likes the idea of having someone he knows and has a completely different design style than he does (he is a traditionalist and I am more modern). This thing might not happen after the court ruling now. We spoke last night and both of us are pretty ticked about it. We shall see how the upcoming election turns out. He wants to do it and seems more excited than me. I am a little more apprehensive about it. I have worked for small firms before and I have seen the ugly side of the business. I have seen architecture business’ fail. Now starting one that is primarily residential is almost insane and I might even have to get a job to support my job. I do want to leave the state because I have just grown tired of Atlanta.

As far as your crappy little gay show goes, I have now seen a total of 7 episodes (I was forced to watch 5 of them, just trying to get laid) and I still see no comparisons to me other than we have a similar job. I still find it unfunny. And that guy is uptight pretentious and a bit of a snobby know it all (I am none of those). My prediction is the mother is Neil Patrick Harris and the kids are adopted. And frankly I would bang Alyson Hannigan before I would bang the brunette (just saying).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I will never become a professor. One you need a Master’s degree to teach, I do not have that and have no desire to go back to school to get it. Two, I am way too impatient to be a teacher of any kind. Three I hate school. Four as far as $$$$$$, unless you are a tenured professor, you make crap. Nobody just up and decides to teach and makes bank.

As far as starting the firm, it was not my idea to do it. This was a friend of a friend who is starting the firm. We got to know each other in school and he likes the idea of having someone he knows and has a completely different design style than he does (he is a traditionalist and I am more modern). This thing might not happen after the court ruling now. We spoke last night and both of us are pretty ticked about it. We shall see how the upcoming election turns out. He wants to do it and seems more excited than me. I am a little more apprehensive about it. I have worked for small firms before and I have seen the ugly side of the business. I have seen architecture business’ fail. Now starting one that is primarily residential is almost insane and I might even have to get a job to support my job. I do want to leave the state because I have just grown tired of Atlanta.

As far as your crappy little gay show goes, I have now seen a total of 7 episodes (I was forced to watch 5 of them, just trying to get laid) and I still see no comparisons to me other than we have a similar job. I still find it unfunny. And that guy is uptight pretentious and a bit of a snobby know it all (I am none of those). My prediction is the mother is Neil Patrick Harris and the kids are adopted. And frankly I would bang Alyson Hannigan before I would bang the brunette (just saying).
probably better that you dont do it. you don't sound like much of an entrepreneur

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.