Guess the attendance of the A-Day game

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Shame on you if you weren't there.
Really???? Sorry, I'm not accepting any shame in this one. I love the University of Alabama but I can't justify $200+ for gas, not to mention food and lodging, to go to a spring practice "game" when I've got one headed off to college in the fall.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah, the only reason we were able to go was because an unexpected bump in revenue on my side bidness. So we had some extree money to make the trip. But a lot people simply cannot afford $3.73/gallon gasoline, lodging, food and you know when you get there you'll incur other cost. Like I said, if it weren't for some extree funds coming late in the year for us we wouldn't have been able to make it either.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I suspect that it's also prom season and a lot of people were home getting their kids ready, but I was still disappointed in the decline this year.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
At last night's Crimson Caravan meeting in Huntsville, Coach Saban noted that the two smallest crowds for A-day were after the 2009 championship and this year. He was talking at the time about the importance of the team, coaching staff, and fans not getting complacent. I personally felt that he was not happy with the crowd. Having listened to Coach Saban speak on several occasions it is apparent that what you did yesterday doesn't matter. As he said, the current team is not the 2011 team. This team has not won anything.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
At last night's Crimson Caravan meeting in Huntsville, Coach Saban noted that the two smallest crowds for A-day were after the 2009 championship and this year. He was talking at the time about the importance of the team, coaching staff, and fans not getting complacent. I personally felt that he was not happy with the crowd. Having listened to Coach Saban speak on several occasions it is apparent that what you did yesterday doesn't matter. As he said, the current team is not the 2011 team. This team has not won anything.
I looked around the stadium on Sat and thought to myself that our fans are getting complacent.

pc2bama

1st Team
Apr 17, 2008
Some of us also have to work. I've been to one A-day game in my life and live in Tuscaloosa. This is also the first time that gas was this high this early. I'm not surprised attendence was down.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.