Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    News|BB|FB|Rec Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2012 Crown Jewel Countdown - Part II - 22-19

Ranking aside, I have high expectations for Morris and I don't think his mechanics will be an issue long. That said, we are after 2013 QBs who are better at this point in their careers.

2. Advertisement
    FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Morris is the ultimate high-split evaluation in this class. I've talked to countless people and I've gotten a spray chart of responses. There is just no consensus whatsoever on the kid. The middling offer list still concerns me.

To me, the physical tools speak for themselves. He's a big kid with a pretty strong arm who is decently mobile; can't ask for much more than that. The mechanics are a work in progress, though, and transitioning from a passer-friendly spread where he's working out of the gun to a pro-style attack with him under center won't be easy. He's got to get the ball out quicker, get more compact in his footwork, and figure out the timing, movement, and balance that are part and parcel of a drop-back passer in a pro-style scheme.

I've thought long and hard about it, but I just can't really convince myself of any particular outcome as the likely one. For the most part, though, I think Lance has it about right. The physical tools themselves would demand a higher ranking, but he's going to take a few years to get to where we need him, and with the strength of the other players in this class, I just can't justify ranking him too much higher.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, guys, do you have a particular date that you are shooting for to release the CJC Part III? Keep up the good work.

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    Hey, guys, do you have a particular date that you are shooting for to release the CJC Part III? Keep up the good work.
    Yesterday

Working on it right now . I have an Alzheimer's patient I care for which means while it should be posted in about 30 minutes , it could take as long as 3 hours . Fingers crossed .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, thanks again for the work you guys put in.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

How about pinning these Crown Jewel stories to the top of the page for a while? Maybe a month or two?

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Just open the one that is All of them are up there .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LCN View Post
    Just open the one that is All of them are up there .
    D'oh!

FB | REC Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless someone else un-sticks it , I'll leave it at the top through September so it will be easy to see the early hits and misses .