Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: A rough night so far.

Are those parents going to keep paying Mitch, Dax and Andy after the school stops? Probably not, eh?

rtr

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Third Team

I agree the best players have never been on the field all season. This staff had there minds made up before the first day of pratice who was going to play. It did'nt matter if another player was better or not. How can CMG stand there game after game and watch the same players he sends to the plate do the same old thing. Its time coach to let all this crap go. You told players the BEST would play no matter what.

6-1 in the finale. We lost the series 23-4 and the last four 32-5. Why the hell this is tolerated is just proof positive that no one cares. Let me repeat that: NO ONE CARES!!!!! It is so very, very sad.

Ah well. Two against MVSU this week and then a home series against someone (I think it's State but I honestly don't know. I just figure I will get in the car next Saturday and drive four hours to watch whoever is playing. Geez. I guess this crapola has really begun to get to me).

4-11, 13-23. 19 more games left in this season of hell.

rtr

BamaNation All-American crimsonkelly's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    6-1 in the finale. We lost the series 23-4 and the last four 32-5. Why the hell this is tolerated is just proof positive that no one cares. Let me repeat that: NO ONE CARES!!!!! It is so very, very sad.

Ah well. Two against MVSU this week and then a home series against someone (I think it's State but I honestly don't know. I just figure I will get in the car next Saturday and drive four hours to watch whoever is playing. Geez. I guess this crapola has really begun to get to me).

4-11, 13-23. 19 more games left in this season of hell.

rtr
    I understand the point of no one cares. Now if it is geared at players and coaches, that is one thing. Now for those of us that are casing stones at the AD or others around him, what do we expect him to do at this point? If he was/is going to make a change, it won't happen at this time. Give him time to make a decision on the subject. He has done a fantastic job with football and basketball. Now, women's basketball, that is another story. Depends on which line we are in football/basketball (Saban/Grant) or womens' basketball (whoever the coach is there, and we used to such a power house there too..)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation First Team

the Tullidges and Gregorys must be pouring in tons of money to the program for this

We'll turn the corner with mid-week wins...you just wait and see. OK...I just got through doing my taxes and I am a little giddy.

I really have nothing else to say. Everything that I could possibly say, I've already said multiple times. Everything's been negative this season. And there's not been many bright spots at all to talk about. I'm not necessarily "upset" about getting swept at LSU (not to say I am alright with it happening), they're a very good team, but dang... can't we have at least been competitive in the losses?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkelly View Post
    I understand the point of no one cares. Now if it is geared at players and coaches, that is one thing. Now for those of us that are casing stones at the AD or others around him, what do we expect him to do at this point? If he was/is going to make a change, it won't happen at this time. Give him time to make a decision on the subject. He has done a fantastic job with football and basketball. Now, women's basketball, that is another story. Depends on which line we are in football/basketball (Saban/Grant) or womens' basketball (whoever the coach is there, and we used to such a power house there too..)
    Just me blowing off steam and frustration. I understand that nothing happens in a hurry. I have said myself that Mitch's first two seasons probably bought him a 4th, even though his overall record is no better than .500 by now, and his record against non-SWAC teams is well below that number. Still, I don't expect a mid-season firing and was just frustrated.

rtr

Our results against SEC opponents in the Gaspard era (includes SEC Tournament contests and the non-conference games against Auburn and Georgia)

Arkansas: 3-8

Auburn: 6-7
    Success in conference games is what really matters, but the four-year losing streak in the Capital City Classic is getting ridiculous.

Florida: 2-6

Georgia: 1-1

Kentucky: 4-2

LSU: 2-7

Ole Miss: 4-3

Mississippi State: 5-1

South Carolina: 2-4

Tennessee: 4-5

Vanderbilt: 2-4

*Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Kentucky, and Georgia remain on this year's schedule.

*Not sure which is most embarrassing - a losing record to Tennessee or to both UAB (1-5) and Samford (2-3).

*It's amazing how much of a difference great coaching can make. Having learned their lesson after taking the convenient, lazy route and hiring Todd Raleigh and having him run the program into the ground, Tennessee went out and hired the best coach available, Dave Serrano, from Cal State Fullerton. In his first season in Knoxville, with what is clearly the least-talented team in the SEC, Serrano is 21-15/7-8 and very much in the middle of the postseason hunt.

*The key question: Is the program in better shape than it was when Gaspard took over as head coach? The answer, quite obviously, is no. A consistent winner and perennial postseason lock is now the doormat of the conference. If Gaspard wants to have a chance at turning this colossal mess around, he's going to have to make some tough decisions in the off-season and put together a more capable supporting staff. But even that might not be enough.
    Last edited by JoJoforHeisman; April 16th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.

I don't think that will work, because it ain't Dax and Andy deciding the Hunter Gregory and James Tullidge are two of the best nine guys we've got who can play. New assistant coaches may bring more knowledge but they aren't going to fix the root cause, imo.

As I said, jmo.

rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonkelly View Post
    I think Coach Moore has proven in years past where he places baseball on his list of priorities. Allowing CJW to unretire based on unsubstantiated promises, the condition of The Joe......if it ain't football, he hasn't a clue what to do or if it even exists. And I don't credit him with CAG...that was Dave Hart's work.

BamaNation Second Team

Both Families are at the Games. Why don't you come and ask them youself. I bet you won't

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    I think Coach Moore has proven in years past where he places baseball on his list of priorities.

It's not just Coach Moore. It's the handful of Big Donors (Many of whom are in their 60s and up) who fund the football program who see baseball as a Yankee Sport.