A rough night so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I understand the point of no one cares. Now if it is geared at players and coaches, that is one thing. Now for those of us that are casing stones at the AD or others around him, what do we expect him to do at this point? If he was/is going to make a change, it won't happen at this time. Give him time to make a decision on the subject. He has done a fantastic job with football and basketball. Now, women's basketball, that is another story. Depends on which line we are in football/basketball (Saban/Grant) or womens' basketball (whoever the coach is there, and we used to such a power house there too..)
Just me blowing off steam and frustration. I understand that nothing happens in a hurry. I have said myself that Mitch's first two seasons probably bought him a 4th, even though his overall record is no better than .500 by now, and his record against non-SWAC teams is well below that number. Still, I don't expect a mid-season firing and was just frustrated.

rtr

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Our results against SEC opponents in the Gaspard era (includes SEC Tournament contests and the non-conference games against Auburn and Georgia)

Arkansas: 3-8

Auburn: 6-7
Success in conference games is what really matters, but the four-year losing streak in the Capital City Classic is getting ridiculous.

Florida: 2-6

Georgia: 1-1

Kentucky: 4-2

LSU: 2-7

Ole Miss: 4-3

Mississippi State: 5-1

South Carolina: 2-4

Tennessee: 4-5

Vanderbilt: 2-4

*Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Mississippi State, Kentucky, and Georgia remain on this year's schedule.

*Not sure which is most embarrassing - a losing record to Tennessee or to both UAB (1-5) and Samford (2-3).

*It's amazing how much of a difference great coaching can make. Having learned their lesson after taking the convenient, lazy route and hiring Todd Raleigh and having him run the program into the ground, Tennessee went out and hired the best coach available, Dave Serrano, from Cal State Fullerton. In his first season in Knoxville, with what is clearly the least-talented team in the SEC, Serrano is 21-15/7-8 and very much in the middle of the postseason hunt.

*The key question: Is the program in better shape than it was when Gaspard took over as head coach? The answer, quite obviously, is no. A consistent winner and perennial postseason lock is now the doormat of the conference. If Gaspard wants to have a chance at turning this colossal mess around, he's going to have to make some tough decisions in the off-season and put together a more capable supporting staff. But even that might not be enough.

Last edited:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I don't think that will work, because it ain't Dax and Andy deciding the Hunter Gregory and James Tullidge are two of the best nine guys we've got who can play. New assistant coaches may bring more knowledge but they aren't going to fix the root cause, imo.

As I said, jmo.

rtr

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I understand the point of no one cares. Now if it is geared at players and coaches, that is one thing. Now for those of us that are casing stones at the AD or others around him, what do we expect him to do at this point? If he was/is going to make a change, it won't happen at this time. Give him time to make a decision on the subject. He has done a fantastic job with football and basketball. Now, women's basketball, that is another story. Depends on which line we are in football/basketball (Saban/Grant) or womens' basketball (whoever the coach is there, and we used to such a power house there too..)
I think Coach Moore has proven in years past where he places baseball on his list of priorities. Allowing CJW to unretire based on unsubstantiated promises, the condition of The Joe......if it ain't football, he hasn't a clue what to do or if it even exists. And I don't credit him with CAG...that was Dave Hart's work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.