A rough night so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
10-2 going to the 6th. Pilk started, Gilbeau relieved (if you want to call it that). He gave up a bases-loaded walk and a granny and boom, game over.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Well, I would say that we resemble LSU from last year, extremely young pitching staff, followed with an average offense (ok, the average offense is a stretch for us this year). So maybe, we can hope for a follow up season like they've had.

Then I remember, they've got a competent coaching staff and a whole boat load of talent for that competent staff to do something with. We're either going to still have an incompetent assistants staff (which will make me lose all faith that our AD gives a **** about baseball), or we're going to have brand new assistants (in which case I'm hoping they're freaking miracle workers).

That's about the only positive thing that would be able to be taken from such a horrible season such as this.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Considering that we have two hits through seven innings tonight (and are losing 3-0), I am not sure how I could sugar-coat our offense, which as of now has scored three runs in the last three games.

rtr

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Final score 7-1. The last three games we have been outscored 26-4. THIS is Alabama baseball?

rtr

heathco9

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
Its not gonna get any better without the players on the field that have competed against and beat these teams before.our 2nd most experienced and maybe our best outfielder has one pinch hit appearence in two weeks.maybe we need to get some different parents hanging around practices. this is not the best product that we can put on the field.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I feel badly for Andrew and frankly I'd be surprised to see him in Tuscaloosa next year if this staff is still there. And for Austen Smith, who is one of the only guys on our roster who has shown he can hit with some power.

This program is a mess, guys. Plain and simple.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
maybe we need to get some different parents hanging around practices. this is not the best product that we can put on the field.
This marks about the 20th time this season that I've heard something to this effect. This is not needed in college athletics. If parents "campaigning" for playing time for their sons at practice is happening, I think it might be time to close practices. Not that that will completely eliminate the practice though. I guess this is just a byproduct of having so many kids from Tuscaloosa on the roster.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Are those parents going to keep paying Mitch, Dax and Andy after the school stops? Probably not, eh?

rtr

BamBBall

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 14, 2012
Hoover, Alabama
I agree the best players have never been on the field all season. This staff had there minds made up before the first day of pratice who was going to play. It did'nt matter if another player was better or not. How can CMG stand there game after game and watch the same players he sends to the plate do the same old thing. Its time coach to let all this crap go. You told players the BEST would play no matter what.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
6-1 in the finale. We lost the series 23-4 and the last four 32-5. Why the hell this is tolerated is just proof positive that no one cares. Let me repeat that: NO ONE CARES!!!!! It is so very, very sad.

Ah well. Two against MVSU this week and then a home series against someone (I think it's State but I honestly don't know. I just figure I will get in the car next Saturday and drive four hours to watch whoever is playing. Geez. I guess this crapola has really begun to get to me).

4-11, 13-23. 19 more games left in this season of hell.

rtr

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
6-1 in the finale. We lost the series 23-4 and the last four 32-5. Why the hell this is tolerated is just proof positive that no one cares. Let me repeat that: NO ONE CARES!!!!! It is so very, very sad.

Ah well. Two against MVSU this week and then a home series against someone (I think it's State but I honestly don't know. I just figure I will get in the car next Saturday and drive four hours to watch whoever is playing. Geez. I guess this crapola has really begun to get to me).

4-11, 13-23. 19 more games left in this season of hell.

rtr
I understand the point of no one cares. Now if it is geared at players and coaches, that is one thing. Now for those of us that are casing stones at the AD or others around him, what do we expect him to do at this point? If he was/is going to make a change, it won't happen at this time. Give him time to make a decision on the subject. He has done a fantastic job with football and basketball. Now, women's basketball, that is another story. Depends on which line we are in football/basketball (Saban/Grant) or womens' basketball (whoever the coach is there, and we used to such a power house there too..)

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
I really have nothing else to say. Everything that I could possibly say, I've already said multiple times. Everything's been negative this season. And there's not been many bright spots at all to talk about. I'm not necessarily "upset" about getting swept at LSU (not to say I am alright with it happening), they're a very good team, but dang... can't we have at least been competitive in the losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.