ATH Deon Johnson discussion- Bama has stopped recruiting

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Deon Johnson, top WR prospect and Alabama commit, arrested on charges of rape and

Safe to say he's done at Bama. Great way to blow a scholarship right there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Deon Johnson, top WR prospect and Alabama commit, arrested on charges of rape and

Is DHR usually involved in rape cases?

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
Re: *** ATH Deon Johnson commits to Alabama ***

It's been reported that this rape case and the previous one are two different victims too. I hope all the family affected by this are ok.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I have no sympathy for the kid..He obviously has problems..I feel awful for his victims..As a dad of two girls..There's no excuse for it..NONE..I just hope the victims get the help they need so they can deal with his actions & they can move on with as normal of a life as possible..

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

He is toast if these accusations are anywhere close to true. He will go to jail on the full rape charge if convicted. CNS has probably already told him adios.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

I agree with everyone's statements that if these allegations are true, then he's done (and even if they haven't been proven but it is still dragging out I would say he is done)...however, I do want to err on the side of our judicial system and let the young man be innocent until proven guilty.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Is DHR usually involved in rape cases?
when the victim is a minor, yes. police, school, whoever she notified would have contacted DHR, they will follow up with help receiving counseling and other victim's services.

Last edited:

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006

Who is to say the offer was not already pulled or had a conditional offer....DJ publicly commited to Alabama, not the other way around. Coaches can not comment on recruits, so who knows if he still had/has an offer even before this event. I think it was conditional all along based on grades....and once all of the allegations have come along, I am sure the conversation was something like, if you are innocent on all charges/pass your classes we can take you, but if not on either, we cant.

It is not like Coach can come out and say the kid does not have an offer anymore or anything regarding a recruit. SO I am pretty sure this is an open slot on the recruiting train, you just may not hear it officially.

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006

I believe in "innocent until proven guilty," but 99.9% of the time good and decent citizens don't get charged with rape - twice. At this point, I don't think Coach Saban can risk bringing him onto campus and if I were a parent of a female student there, I'd be furious if he did.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I believe in "innocent until proven guilty," but 99.9% of the time good and decent citizens don't get charged with rape - twice. At this point, I don't think Coach Saban can risk bringing him onto campus and if I were a parent of a female student there, I'd be furious if he did.
100% dont get charged twice. I know they can't comment but, I'd be shocked if the coaches were even still talking to this kid. The obnoxious cleats he wore labor day weekend told me all I needed to know... It's all about him....

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

100% dont get charged twice. I know they can't comment but, I'd be shocked if the coaches were even still talking to this kid. The obnoxious cleats he wore labor day weekend told me all I needed to know... It's all about him....
What cleats was he wearing? I must have missed that one.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Nothing will be made public about this as long as Deon, a relative, or a coach does not go blabbing about an offer being pulled.

And, frankly, he has more to worry about than football.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

The coaching staff cannot comment publicly on prospects, so there will be nothing on Johnson for a while. Perhaps this plays itself out and his innocence becomes clear, but regardless of the end result I wouldn't expect any news on this one for a while. As RTO alluded to, he's got bigger concerns than football.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

The coaching staff cannot comment publicly on prospects, so there will be nothing on Johnson for a while. Perhaps this plays itself out and his innocence becomes clear, but regardless of the end result I wouldn't expect any news on this one for a while. As RTO alluded to, he's got bigger concerns than football.
right, if his scholarship was pulled we probably won't know unless DJ comments on it, or on signing day when he doesnt sign.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.