ATH Deon Johnson discussion- Bama has stopped recruiting

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL
Re: Ath. Deon Johnson commits to Alabama...

very good pickup, underrated kid mainly because of his grades. has been clocked at 4.32 in the 40

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: *** ATH Deon Johnson commits to Alabama***

Great news. He is top 250 nationally and top 10 state so not too underrated. Nice A-day weekend.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Johnson is one of those kids who can be as good as he wants to be. We'll find out in time if that's a good thing or not.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Was those times hand timed? Not sure I buy the 4.32, but he is definitely in the "elite" level.

What I like that nobody seems to talk about is his ability to break tackles.

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006

:):cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:
Was those times hand timed? Not sure I buy the 4.32, but he is definitely in the "elite" level.

What I like that nobody seems to talk about is his ability to break tackles.
The reason nobody ever talks about his tackle breaking ability is due to the fact that he is so fast no one ever gets close enough to tackle him.:)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

:):cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

The reason nobody ever talks about his tackle breaking ability is due to the fact that he is so fast no one ever gets close enough to tackle him.:)
He's not quite "that fast":wink:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/dj_johnson_goes_from_obscurity.html

nice article here on DJ. I wonder if Saban is thinking DB here for DJ. Bradley Sylve is almost a mirror of DJ and Sylve is working with Db's now. Saban knows to put the fastest, best athletes on defense. Bet we see DJ play a good bit of corner this year.
DB is a definite possibility but he is really good with the ball in his hands. Scored 19 TD's on 63 catches, that's 1 out of 3 times he catches it he scores and it is in a very good region.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

A lot of where he ends up will depend on what the incoming wide receivers do. If those guys pan out and solidify the outside, we can put Johnson pretty much wherever we want. If not, though, we might have to stash him at wide receiver just out of necessity.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.