Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Titanic Just Sank

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    An Asian guy and a Jewish guy are getting into an argument, and it's degenerated into personal attacks.

Jewish guy: You people are responsible for the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Asian guy: What?!? I'm Chinese, not Japanese.

Jewish guy: Eh, Chinese. Japanese. It's all the same.

Asian guy: Oh yeah? Well, you people are responsible for the sinking of the Titanic.

Jewish guy: You're crazy. The Titanic was sunk by an iceberg.

Asian guy: That's right. Goldberg. Greenberg. Iceberg. It's all the same.

Sadly, there actually is a conspiracy theory that the Jews (it's always the Jews) sank the Titanic with explosives so as to prop up the Marconi company's stock...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

I saw a "what if" analysis a couple of decades ago that posited a counterintuitive idea. Once the water began flooding in, the guys downstairs logically closed the watertight doors between the sections. The argument suggested had they opened the doors instead, the ship might well have leveled rather than tipped, & thus been able to stay afloat longer. Of course, this would've required their suspending their natural reflex: "water coming in = shut doors."

Fascinating engineering conjectures abound, I s'pose. But then, I can't even spell "engineering" so what do I know?
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    wait, so they took 100 year old rusty rivets, and determined the rivets weren't good. What genius came up with that?
    Same geniuses that came up with, "Oswald couldn't have shot Kennedy because there's a tree in the way" or "Oswald couldn't have shot Kennedy because there's that plastic box that walled off that window" (for those who haven't been there, they have the sniper's nest walled off - you can see it, but you can't actually touch it).
    I'll always look back as I walk away
    This memory will last for eternity
    And all of our tears will be lost in the rain
    Til I find my way back to your arms again

Only a few people in the world have the ability to remember everything. I'm one of them. Pick any day of my life, and I can tell you what I saw or heard.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I doubt that the condition of the rivets today contributed much to the assessment of their quality.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe