Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 Class Status - 15 APR 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    The numbers are fluid, obviously, but I never really thought we'd sign as few as 16-18. I kind of thought more in the ballpark of 20.

That said, with a couple of kids already in the doghouse and Warmack looking like a possible early entrant in the NFL Draft, I'm starting to think we might be able to squeeze in a few more. 22 is a possibility, I think, and 23 could be. Still not seeing us bring in a full class, though.
    And I found this...
    More than one-quarter of the class is already filled, and we're pretty selective on offers.
    http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showt...=161443&page=6
    At that time we had six committments, so around 20 was your guess a couple of months ago. I can't remember what made me think 16-18. They say the first thing to go as you get older is... I can't remember what they say.

Not trying to throw you under the bus, BET. Your post was the only thing I could find that was even close to what I was thinking.
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar

Regardless of the numbers, (I have to leave that up to people who know) I'm worried about the fact that we only have two commits for defense. Or are we just that stacked on defense for 2013 already? I think we are at most positions except for the DL.
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I'm not sure Coach will ever NOT sign at least 20 or more players.

I agree if Lacy stays healthy and puts up big numbers he is gone. Fluker is hard to read IMHO. Milliner would have to put up monster numbers to leave this early I think. Mosley reminds me of Ryans, and like BET said it's not a money position and he should be back for his Senior season.

A minimum of 22 .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

[QUOTE=230kv_barehand;1872354]I'm not sure Coach will ever NOT sign at least 20 or more players.

This.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by LCN View Post
    A minimum of 22 .
    Is this a guess or what you were told?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Is this a guess or what you were told?
    Mosley is a very solid coverage LB too,probably the best on the team, so he could play OLB in the NFL, he is not just limited to playing inside, he actually needs to improve against the run since he subs for Nico in passing situation.