Bradley Bozeman
Grant Hill
Andy Dodd

Defense
LB
Reuben Foster

DB
Anthony Averett

Now for my questions/observations based on following the board. This is supposed to be a smaller class, around 16-18 if I remember correctly. We're at 11 now. I think it's safe to say that Robert Nkemdiche has a spot should he commit. There seems to be a spot for a QB (Cooper Bateman, maybe). There seems to be 1-2 more spots for OL. That would be 14-15 spots. Looks like this class will be have to be light on defense.

Just wondering if my thinking is accurate, and what the best guesses are for the rest of this class.

Last edited:

RTOTA

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 25, 2012
I just don't see the class being limited to only 16-18 players. Where have you heard that this class will be that small? The 2011 class was 23 deep and I think that was the smallest in recent history.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Without going back through the threads we knew that several on the incoming class were being backcounted to 2011. So not sure the total and how those numbers will apply. There is also always the chance early commits switch and a few we have may not make it academically as in case with Gladney for the last class.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Saban always finds a way to get at least 22+ so I don't see 16-18. I will be surprised if we don't sign at least 22 in this class.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL
I've been searching to find where I got the 16-18 number in my head. So far this is the best I can come up with (and it doesn't specify numbers), from BET...

I tend to doubt we'll sign the full 25 in this class. The rising senior class is pretty small and even with several early entrees into the NFL Draft we'd still have to clear out a lot of space with transfers / dismissals / medical scholarships.
We'll get a lot more clarity by mid-to-late summer, but for now this looks to me like it will be the smallest class we've signed under Saban.
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161917&page=2

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
So far this is the best I can come up with (and it doesn't specify numbers), from BET...
The numbers are fluid, obviously, but I never really thought we'd sign as few as 16-18. I kind of thought more in the ballpark of 20.

That said, with a couple of kids already in the doghouse and Warmack looking like a possible early entrant in the NFL Draft, I'm starting to think we might be able to squeeze in a few more. 22 is a possibility, I think, and 23 could be. Still not seeing us bring in a full class, though.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The numbers are fluid, obviously, but I never really thought we'd sign as few as 16-18. I kind of thought more in the ballpark of 20.

That said, with a couple of kids already in the doghouse and Warmack looking like a possible early entrant in the NFL Draft, I'm starting to think we might be able to squeeze in a few more. 22 is a possibility, I think, and 23 could be. Still not seeing us bring in a full class, though.
Warmack is a Senior. I think you mean Fluker :)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Warmack is a Senior. I think you mean Fluker :)
Correct, confusion on my part.

I think Fluker and Milliner may jump, CJ and Lacy will need big years IMO if they want to leave AND get drafted early.
Fluker will be a lock to leave early if he can stay healthy and play anything like he did this spring. Lacy, too, could be a legitimate threat to leave early just because the shelf life of tailbacks in the NFL is so short. He's got to get there and get paid ASAP because the ride will end quickly. If he gets healthy and has a solid year (1,000 yards or so), I figure he leaves.

As for Milliner, I just don't see that one happening. His measurables would impress a lot of people, but he has a lot of progress to make before he can leave early. Kind of the same goes for Mosley, but for different reasons. He's one heck of a pure linebacker, but interior linebacker is not a money position these days and he's still a tad light for a lot of NFL schemes. I imagine both come back for their senior seasons.

formersoldier71

All-American
May 9, 2004
Jasper, AL

And I found this...
More than one-quarter of the class is already filled, and we're pretty selective on offers.
http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161443&page=6
At that time we had six committments, so around 20 was your guess a couple of months ago. I can't remember what made me think 16-18. They say the first thing to go as you get older is... I can't remember what they say. :biggrin:

Not trying to throw you under the bus, BET. Your post was the only thing I could find that was even close to what I was thinking.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
Regardless of the numbers, (I have to leave that up to people who know) I'm worried about the fact that we only have two commits for defense. Or are we just that stacked on defense for 2013 already? I think we are at most positions except for the DL.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm not sure Coach will ever NOT sign at least 20 or more players.

I agree if Lacy stays healthy and puts up big numbers he is gone. Fluker is hard to read IMHO. Milliner would have to put up monster numbers to leave this early I think. Mosley reminds me of Ryans, and like BET said it's not a money position and he should be back for his Senior season.

RM80

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 24, 2011
Anniston, AL
Is this a guess or what you were told?
Mosley is a very solid coverage LB too,probably the best on the team, so he could play OLB in the NFL, he is not just limited to playing inside, he actually needs to improve against the run since he subs for Nico in passing situation.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.