Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: "Eddie will hopefully be able to come back"

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    Rebel you made fun of several of us last year for insisting Eddie's turf toe could be a serious issue. You actually called me chicken little for being concerned about it. You can either take it back, or say we were right. Either one will be fine with me.

Ok, I'm kidding. Most folks who haven't dealt with it just don't realize what exactly the injury is and how debilitating it can be. It sounds really benign so you never think the long term effects could potentially be career ending, its just a toe.

Hopefully EL can get back to his old form because watching him last year before the injury he was clearly ready to step in and leave his own print on the program like Mark and Trent before him.
    What? I never made fun of anybody talking about turf toe. Seems like I remember saying people who were freaking out about RB depth because of EL's toe were acting like Chicken Little. IIRC, we won a NC, so I'd say things worked out OK

I really hope Lacy comes back 100%, but there again, if he doesn't, we will still be better than pretty much every team in the country at RB. Coach Saban has gotten our program back to the point where one player does not make or break our TEAM.
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban

2. Advertisement

A good point was made about 2 years of eligibility. If Yeldon can carry a good junk of the load this year along with Fowler, Hart and others I hope that Eddie can get back on track to the NFL at least in his last year. I always saw EL as a 2-3rd rounder who would have a good career. He may be better than that, but we will most likely not be able to see him in the 20+ carries a game role this year. And his heir is also coming off of a terrible injury. We are having a hiccup at RB, but we're very fortunate to have snagged Yeldon or would have been as weak at RB as ever in Saban's tenure. Close to his first year with good injury prone backs.

I'll say it again.....keep an eye on Tyren Jones this year out of Marieta, Ga. He is a Saban mold NFL prototypical back of the 21st century. I think he may get a 5th star at some point. He is the #1 rated all-purpose back by Rivals going into his senior year.

BamaNation All-American

What's the chance of EL getting a medical waiver if he is slow to heal?
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    For those who haven't seen, here's Deion's toe a decade after his turf toe surgery.

I cringe just thinking about how painful it would be to run on that.
    TBF, that looks like a different injury to the second toe. Here's a more representative pic -
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

One thing to note before anyone decides to start scouting bridges to go jump of off if EL doesn't come back full to strength or at all. Saban ran a four rb rotation while at LSU with great success. He KNOWS how to utilize the talent he has available to him in the best way. For example purposes only, let's play worst case scenario and say EL is gone for the year. He will not touch the ball at all during a regular or post season game. Saban has enough talent at RB to run a VERY effective running game. One that could still be "championship worthy".
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exist, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    TBF, that looks like a different injury to the second toe. Here's a more representative pic -
    Yeah most don't look like the pic of Deion's foot. I think Deion's was more in line with what the really bad ones look like post-op, with some of the muscle trimmed off.

FWIW, I'm not gonna argue with you about injuries, the worst I've ever done is break my hand a couple of times. You are the resident expert when it comes to injuries
    Last edited by RedStar; April 16th, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    One thing to note before anyone decides to start scouting bridges to go jump of off if EL doesn't come back full to strength or at all. Saban ran a four rb rotation while at LSU with great success. He KNOWS how to utilize the talent he has available to him in the best way. For example purposes only, let's play worst case scenario and say EL is gone for the year. He will not touch the ball at all during a regular or post season game. Saban has enough talent at RB to run a VERY effective running game. One that could still be "championship worthy".
    This is exactly what I was saying. I just don't understand the "RB as weak as ever under Saban" sentiments. Do you know how many SEC schools would KILL to have any one of Fowler, Hart, Yeldon, Sims, etc? That's not even to mention the freshmen coming in the fall...
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by REBELZED View Post
    This is exactly what I was saying. I just don't understand the "RB as weak as ever under Saban" sentiments. Do you know how many SEC schools would KILL to have any one of Fowler, Hart, Yeldon, Sims, etc? That's not even to mention the freshmen coming in the fall...
    Yeah, we're really struggling these days, we only have 2 five-star RB's on the roster. Times are tough.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Yeah most don't look like the pic of Deion's foot. I think Deion's was more in line with what the really bad ones look like post-op, with some of the muscle trimmed off.

FWIW, I'm not gonna argue with you about injuries, the worst I've ever done is break my hand a couple of times. You are the resident expert when it comes to injuries
    That's actually not such a good pic. That injury appears mostly to involve the second MTP joint, whereas most of them involve the first MTP joint, as does Lacy's. This diagram illustrates it:

Last edited by TIDE-HSV; April 16th, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    A good point was made about 2 years of eligibility. If Yeldon can carry a good junk of the load this year along with Fowler, Hart and others I hope that Eddie can get back on track to the NFL at least in his last year. I always saw EL as a 2-3rd rounder who would have a good career. He may be better than that, but we will most likely not be able to see him in the 20+ carries a game role this year. And his heir is also coming off of a terrible injury. We are having a hiccup at RB, but we're very fortunate to have snagged Yeldon or would have been as weak at RB as ever in Saban's tenure. Close to his first year with good injury prone backs.

I'll say it again.....keep an eye on Tyren Jones this year out of Marieta, Ga. He is a Saban mold NFL prototypical back of the 21st century. I think he may get a 5th star at some point. He is the #1 rated all-purpose back by Rivals going into his senior year.

ummmm i guess you forgot sabans first year when we had terry grant and.... ummm... uhhhh.........................well terry grant
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STONECOLDSABAN View Post
    ummmm i guess you forgot sabans first year when we had terry grant and.... ummm... uhhhh.........................well terry grant
    Yeah, I wonder if anybody would like to trade who we have now for Terry Grant, Jonathan Lowe, and Jimmy Johns
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team STONECOLDSABAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by REBELZED View Post
    Yeah, I wonder if anybody would like to trade who we have now for Terry Grant, Jonathan Lowe, and Jimmy Johns
    who????
    ALABAMA FOOTBALL RULES AND THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by STONECOLDSABAN View Post
    who????
    http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...onathan00.html

He was a little squirt, but he played his heart out, despite never producing much outside of kickoff returns.
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban