"Eddie will hopefully be able to come back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
It all depends. Sam montgomery for LSU tore his acl and came back better than ever. Cyrus tore his much later in the season and we aren't asking questions about his readiness to play. I know he isn't doing jump cuts but haven't heard one question of whether he will be ready.

If Hart was at 100% he'd be starting with EL out no question being his second year. No way he is 100% at least psychologically with his running style. Dee Hart came in as one of if not the best HS RB in the country, and he looked the part before the injury so I am told by my secret yet well known source over a beer on the strip last year. Dee having a good a-day game yet somewhat unremarkable is not Hart at 100%.

When I played High School ball I was effected en entire season with a strained back, can't imagine a year removed from a complete knee tear being 100%. We have come a long way with folks like Dr. Andrews, but the body is still the body and the mind is still the mind when healing. This thread is teaching us about the severity of something many had thought was somewhat minor in Turf Toe.

Not being 100% is frustrating when injuries are mum unless you are out due to it. You want to let everyone know that you're hurting but it could make you a marked man, especially a d-back.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
If Hart was at 100% he'd be starting with EL out no question being his second year. No way he is 100% at least psychologically with his running style. Dee Hart came in as one of if not the best HS RB in the country, and he looked the part before the injury so I am told by my secret yet well known source over a beer on the strip last year. Dee having a good a-day game yet somewhat unremarkable is not Hart at 100%.

When I played High School ball I was effected en entire season with a strained back, can't imagine a year removed from a complete knee tear being 100%. We have come a long way with folks like Dr. Andrews, but the body is still the body and the mind is still the mind when healing. This thread is teaching us about the severity of something many had thought was somewhat minor in Turf Toe.

Not being 100% is frustrating when injuries are mum unless you are out due to it. You want to let everyone know that you're hurting but it could make you a marked man, especially a d-back.
This whole thread is just filled with assumptions it's unbelievable. Hart has an unremarkable A-day =not recovered. So all the other guys on the team that didn't have their best day ever have injuries as well. It was a scrimmage running base plays against a good run defense. Not every running back comes in like Trent and Mark and takes over the game from day 1 on campus.

A few weeks ago in an interview Barret Jones said he laughs any time he hears people questioning the depth at running back because they are all so good. If he has confidence I'm not worried at all. I'm more worried about a new injury to an OL or an OLB than I am of the two current injuries to our RB's.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
This whole thread is just filled with assumptions it's unbelievable. Hart has an unremarkable A-day =not recovered. So all the other guys on the team that didn't have their best day ever have injuries as well. It was a scrimmage running base plays against a good run defense. Not every running back comes in like Trent and Mark and takes over the game from day 1 on campus.

A few weeks ago in an interview Barret Jones said he laughs any time he hears people questioning the depth at running back because they are all so good. If he has confidence I'm not worried at all. I'm more worried about a new injury to an OL or an OLB than I am of the two current injuries to our RB's.
Yep...which is why i said no one really knows whats going on because we haven't even heard from eddie and how he is doing. you should have seen it last year after the kent state game "we are in trouble guys..we didn't run block well enough against kent state in a 48-7 victory"....oh and who can forget the whole justin taylor debacle which had people freaking out when all the facts hadn't even come out yet.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Yep...which is why i said no one really knows whats going on because we haven't even heard from eddie and how he is doing. you should have seen it last year after the kent state game "we are in trouble guys..we didn't run block well enough against kent state in a 48-7 victory"....oh and who can forget the whole justin taylor debacle which had people freaking out when all the facts hadn't even come out yet.
Yeah apparently silence on an issue=worst case scenario. This has gone from a question of Eddie's injury to several people thinking that he might never play another down. Either way RB is not in my top 5 of positions of concern.

I hope for the best for Eddie's recovery he is incredibly exciting and talented.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
It all depends. Sam montgomery for LSU tore his acl and came back better than ever. Cyrus tore his much later in the season and we aren't asking questions about his readiness to play. I know he isn't doing jump cuts but haven't heard one question of whether he will be ready.
Oh, I wasn't saying at all that he won't come back to 100%. My point is that almost everytime a player has this surgery they realize the second year that they weren't really 100% the first year back. Most of the time they think they are, but later realize they just have a little more in the leg the second year. Again, even if they look great, play great and feel great they don't realize it until that next year.

It's like the guy who loses a bunch of weight and then realizes he can sleep better, his knees don't hurt and he has more energy. He never realized before be had those problems until he can look in hindsight.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How about we approach it this way? :) Dee Hart will be even better the next season than he will be this coming season. The post operative profile of the injury is well-known by now. It does take about twelve months. Hightower was right up front about it's being the second season back (which everyone clearly saw). I've been through the injury, rehab and return to sports, so my knowledge is not theoretical. One of the problems lies between the ears and it's there for everyone. For a while after return, every time you make a cut and something doesn't feel just right or you see a hit coming on that side, that injury is right there in your consciousness, whether you want it to be or not. Call it a loss of innocence, or maybe the perception of invincibility. We now have three top running backs who are presently injured or are coming off a significant injury. There's no way to sunshine pump that, no matter how many outstanding new backs we have or who are on the way. It's a concern. Period. I've come back around to the view that you just can't have too many good RBs. As a last comment, I'd add that I'd much rather be an OL coming back from an ACL than a RB or an LB, just because of the different demands made on the knee joint. JMHO, of course...

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
This whole thread is just filled with assumptions it's unbelievable. Hart has an unremarkable A-day =not recovered..
Confusing assumptions with sports medicinal common sense? Earle explains it well about the injury. Peterson, before the injury he was looking like the best back in 20 years. First year back, he looked like the best back in the league.

The biggest assumption imo is what we saw out of Dee Hart is anywhere near full recovery. "unremarkable" was intended for Dee vs Dee, not in general. I don't want to sell him short. I think he would agree with me whole heatedly that we have yet to see what he can do, will do.

This is my opinion and I'll leave with this:

1 .If Lacy is not ready I believe we will stutter out the gate at RB with what would have been our top two effected by injury, until Yeldon can be established in SEC play.
2.Dee Hart is not the Dee Hart we will see in a year or hopefully later in the season. He still looks very good, but I think maybe some have forgotten how good he was before the injury. Real Good!

Last edited:

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
The biggest threat to our running game this coming season is if AJ McCarron gets injured. If he is out our running game will be relied on more and you know the defenses will stack the line and make us pass with an unknown at QB. But as a fan worrying about it makes little to no sense. Each season is an unknown to start with for every team not just Bama. South Carolina had their most wins in their history with Lattimore out last year. Bama will be in the hunt regardless especially at this point in time. ;)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Depth is always a concern. However, our backs are better than most and good enough given effective O line play combined w/play calling (using pass/run in proper amounts per game plan). If you don't have that, most even great runners will look average.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
But as a fan worrying about it makes little to no sense.
I am more concerned as to why some can't discern between worry and attempt at keeping the board lively with pertinent on topic discussion. ;) I am sure the owner would agree.

Anyway, notable strategic concern is more accurate than using worry or worrying imo, and the Chicken Little or Sunshine Pumping approach in a discussion is usually used by the casual everyday type of fan.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Confusing assumptions with sports medicinal common sense? Earle explains it well about the injury. Peterson, before the injury he was looking like the best back in 20 years. First year back, he looked like the best back in the league.

The biggest assumption imo is what we saw out of Dee Hart is anywhere near full recovery. "unremarkable" was intended for Dee vs Dee, not in general. I don't want to sell him short. I think he would agree with me whole heatedly that we have yet to see what he can do, will do.

This is my opinion and I'll leave with this:

1 .If Lacy is not ready I believe we will stutter out the gate at RB with what would have been our top two effected by injury, until Yeldon can be established in SEC play.
2.Dee Hart is not the Dee Hart we will see in a year or hopefully later in the season. He still looks very good, but I think maybe some have forgotten how good he was before the injury. Real Good!
How much did you see of Dee Hart before the injury? A-day game last year, ok he had a great reception where he made a cut for a touchdown. From that game and this years game you were able to tell that his skill is not up to the same level as it was before? He shook several people at the game this year, had some good catches and looked fast. Earle said it takes 12 months to recover that would mean that he would be recovered by the first game of the year since he tore it early in fall camp.

Everything else you have said in your posts is just assumptions, saying that we should be fine at running back isn't sunshine pumping every single player interview I have watched this spring they have all said that we have a ton of quality backs. We have Blake Sims coming back for the fall, Kenyan Drake coming in the summer and almost no one has mentioned them. Of all positions on the field I doubt we will be in a situation where we can't find someone to run the ball. Worst case scenario we have had Brent Calloway and Christian Jones practicing at RB before. Again IMO it should be one of the least positions of worry. OL, OLB, QB, HB all seem to be much closer to be having serious depth concerns than RB.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think this is one of those learning to "disagree agreeably" situations. It's also important to remember that this is a discussion board and opinions are going to differ. Always have...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I didn't feel like we were disagreeing unagreeably. Thought it was just a discussion.
I suppose what I'm saying is that the lines have been drawn and we're basically making the same points over and over. Some of us feel that RB depth could become an issue and others feel equally strongly that it's not a worry. Unless I see something new, I'm going to close the thread...

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
I suppose what I'm saying is that the lines have been drawn and we're basically making the same points over and over. Some of us feel that RB depth could become an issue and others feel equally strongly that it's not a worry. Unless I see something new, I'm going to close the thread...
I am concerned for Eddie getting back to 100% for the season and if he is not then I hope he does come back for a 5th year. Hope this doesn't close the thread! :)

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I am concerned for Eddie getting back to 100% for the season and if he is not then I hope he does come back for a 5th year. Hope this doesn't close the thread! :)
the one thing i will say is..it would be nice if the young running backs had a leader out their...and lacy could fit into that role.

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
This may have been addressed earlier in the thread, but how does Eddie stay in football playing shape during the off season while letting his injury heal? I never played football or had his injury so... I am sure he has to run a lot.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I'm concerned about Eddie. He came to the University knowing Mark and Trent were ahead of him, all the while being offered by other schools. He has waited his turn patiently and been a situational player. I hope for his sake that his toe heals back to 100% and he's able to continue with his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.