Missouri's new uniform

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Their new Uniforms look just fine to me. The one on the left is the only one that has a little flash (w/ the flat black helmet and jagged edging on the jersey) but even still it's not over the top IMO. The other two are pretty standard fare and to be honest their color scheme looks very similar to Southern Miss so it's not like the colors should be that shocking to anyone's eyes.

It's not anything close to say the Oregon Uniforms that have Silver feathers on the shoulders or those horrible neon yellow ones....nor are they anywhere near the Maryland uniforms from last year with the two flags on the helmets.

Anyway...I don't see anything that warrants people on here looking down on them (Mizzou) i.e. taking jabs at their heritage or saying that the uniforms are offensive to the eyes or saying they think they will win games with 'gimmick' jerseys. They are proud/happy to be joining the SEC and created new Uniforms for it.....good for them.

We have plenty of time to develop a rivalry with them based on what happens on the field. No need to talk trash based on uniforms when they haven't even popped pads with the SEC teams yet.

Last edited:

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Coverage over the weekend indicated this uniform change had been in the planning stages with Nike for over a year (i.e. before the move to the SEC came about) and is part of an overall re-branding of the entire athletic program there with new logos, wordmarks, color shades, and unis for all the major sports. Seems to be something a number of the Big 12 (or former B12) programs do from time to time. I've talked to some old-time Mizzou fans who aren't thrilled about the new fb uni's or going away from the traditional "Block M" helmet, but the reception has been mostly positive. I'm not crazy about it, but in my opinion there's no better looking uniform than our crimson and white with the classic helmets. :BigA:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Some of you need to realize that Mizzou might have wanted a change for their move to the SEC. Some people choose to redo everything when moving.

JohnnyCache

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2002
Carrollton, GA but from Mobile, AL
It's funny. I actually liked Georgia's alternate uniform at the start of last year. The only thing is that you look like morons if you trot out a design like that and you get beat.

I like the two helmets on the right. Aren't they pretty much what they've had before? The uniforms themselves look like West Virginia.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I kind of like the one on the left. The slashes on the shoulders look like tiger stripes, I assume that is what they were going for.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.