MVSU

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Two runs across in the first.

Why in the world are we bunting in the second inning against Mississippi Valley State? (As if the decision wasn't bad enough, Tullidge bunted into a fielder's choice).

Giving away outs in the 2nd against one of the worst teams in all of college baseball. The situation is hopeless.

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
I was really just trying to be funny. The funny part is this'll drop our RPI into the 170s or so. It's time to fire these guys.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I just don't know what to say any more. Well, you can say what you want but I am not driving up this weekend and I probably won't go back this year. It's over for me. Yeah, I am in a bit of shock right now and all that, but it's just not worth it for me to spend nine hours in a car to go watch this team. I am sure I will rebound and buy my season tickets again next year and all that, but for this year I am done.

rtr

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
I haven't posted in a while, but thought I'd stop by after this loss tonight.

I have always liked Mitch, but enough is enough. I'll be severely disappointed this staff is back next year. There are inherent disadvantages to coaching at Alabama when trying to compete at the highest level of the SEC. However, there is absolutely no excuse for the performance of the team this year. The embarrassing losses and the general lack of competitiveness are very disheartening. I just hope that Mal will realize, despite the current elation of most of the fanbase over the state of the football program, that this is unacceptable and act on it the moment this terrible year ends.

I've seen a lot of Alabama baseball teams. This team is the worst I have seen at the Capstone, and it's really not even a debate as far as I'm concerned.

I'm also bummed that we will not be in Hoover this year. But I guess it's for the best.

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Not only did we lose, but we got the absolute crap beaten out of us by one of the worst teams in all of college baseball. There's just no excuse for it.

This was the last straw for me. I'm sure they'll each land on their feet somewhere, but this staff has to go. All of them. Otherwise, I won't be renewing my season tickets. I'm not going to waste money to watch the laughingstock of the SEC.

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
Well JoJo, when Bama lost to Miss Valley today I immediately thought of you. We have hit the lowest of lows. And what really gets to me is the team and staff don't seem to be phased by it.

Love the Ping

All-SEC
Jun 15, 2005
By the way, the guy who beat us tonight (1 run, 2 hits in 6 innings) had a 9.50 ERA and opponents were batting .345 against him coming into the game. So there's that.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
Well, wake up this morning to see this. I about threw my breakfast up. THANKS GUYS. Seriously how many times has MVSU ever beat us?

I have officially jumped on the bandwagon, time to make a change. Changes aren't made by replacing assistants (you do that when one gets promoted or hired somewhere else), changes are made by letting everyone go from top to bottom. I can only hope that they will have enough fortitude to simply step aside at seasons end.

This is as embarrassed as I have ever been being an Alabama fan (not just baseball). Even when the football team lost to Louisiana Tech (or whoever it was) few years ago, that doesn't compare to this....I guess they were trying to take the heat off the softball team for laying an egg against GSU earlier in the week. But when you drop to 40-3 on the season, I can overlook it.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
MVSU was 7-27 coming into yesterday. They had never beaten an SEC team coming into yesterday. Like most SWAC baseball teams, they are made up of a bunch of white kids who couldn't get scholarships anywhere else and a few talented black kids who wanted to play at a HBC. They aren't SUPPOSED to beat an SEC team, ever.

You know, good for them. What a great thrill for those guys to go on the road to an SEC school with great baseball tradition and pick up a win. A proud moment for their school and program.

Hey, at least someone is getting something positive out of this deal.

rtr

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I am speechless. I have absolutely no idea what to say other than to echo what has already been said.

On a side note: Jim Wells, I owe you an apology. When Coach Gaspard was named your successor and many on here were thrilled at your retirement, I warned them not to get too excited because nothing would change; that Coach Gaspard would just continue to do the same things that you did during your tenure. I was wrong. While I did not agree with all of your decisions, you put teams on the field that were at least competitive. I can't imagine that you would have a team that performed as poorly and had an "I don't care" attitude like this bunch. Of course, the attitude comes from the coach. So ... I apologize for saying that Coach Gaspard was like you. He isn't even close.

crimsonkelly

All-American
Feb 2, 2002
Thomasville, GA, USA
I am speechless. I have absolutely no idea what to say other than to echo what has already been said.

On a side note: Jim Wells, I owe you an apology. When Coach Gaspard was named your successor and many on here were thrilled at your retirement, I warned them not to get too excited because nothing would change; that Coach Gaspard would just continue to do the same things that you did during your tenure. I was wrong. While I did not agree with all of your decisions, you put teams on the field that were at least competitive. I can't imagine that you would have a team that performed as poorly and had an "I don't care" attitude like this bunch. Of course, the attitude comes from the coach. So ... I apologize for saying that Coach Gaspard was like you. He isn't even close.
While I liked Coach Wells (was apparently one of the few), I never saw this coming. Boy o boy....I thought we needed fresh air into the program and though Gaspard would do it. Didn't think he would actually pump what little air was in the program out of it. Is early playing time a big sell to potential baseball recruits???

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I understand I don't spend much time on the baseball board, but baseball is my passion in life. I love following football and other Bama sports, but baseball remains the strongest sport in my heart, but what Gaspard and his staff have done to baseball makes me mad. I mean is there anything this team does well besides ....ing of fans? I want to follow the baseball team as closely as the football team but I can't. Watching them "play" baseball makes me queasy. I hate saying that, I really do. Now I know there is a "Fire Gaspard and staff" crowd that is building bigger by the minute, but have no faith that the PTB will make the changes that are needed. And even if they do I don't know how Bama can convince a "Star" coach to come to Bama to literally resurrect a dying program, but I would like to find out.

I want to follow Bama baseball. Gaspard and his staff makes it difficult.

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Well JoJo, when Bama lost to Miss Valley today I immediately thought of you. We have hit the lowest of lows. And what really gets to me is the team and staff don't seem to be phased by it.
In 120 years of baseball at Alabama, this has to be the most humiliating loss of all. The coaches and players have obviously mailed it in already and appear to be content just playing out the string. Maybe that doesn't apply to all of the players, but those that do care are definitely in the minority.

This is what happens when you take the lazy, convenient, cheap route in assembling a coaching staff. It backfired at Auburn with Tom Slater and at Tennessee with Todd Raleigh. Now it's happening to us.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I'm still on the Bobby Pierce train, but probably in the minority here...

Gaspard has never got me excited and by the looks of it never will.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.