News Article: DeAndrew White Hospitalized After Fight on The Strip

The link from Chase Goodbread: http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1356956

This rumor had been around since about 3 A.M... luckily, Deandrew wasn't shot like many previously thought. Gun shots were fired on The Strip but it seems to have just been posturing after a fight. Video and multiple Twitter accounts are out there showcasing the scene.

Another link, which doesn't name White but does name the other victim and the fact Alabama players/coaches were seen at DCH, can be found at: http://cw.ua.edu/2012/04/19/shots-fired-on-the-strip-near-egans-bar/

A few other things: Last call is 1:45 and this happened around 2:30. Three eateries/restaurants (Quik Grill, Waffle House, and Jimmy Johns) are still open at that time along with the BP gas station.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Re: Deandrew White Hospitalized After Fight on The Strip

Let's hope the gun, if it existed, was not being held by any of our players.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Thanks, that's great to hear.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Let's hope for a complete recovery for the Phil's employee and Deandrew.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

The team is in DC for their meeting with the President today. Maybe just out trying to have a good time before the trip.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The team is in DC for their meeting with the President today. Maybe just out trying to have a good time before the trip.
He wouldn't have class today plus a few hours on the plane to rest up. Possibly...

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

Probably just me, but if I knew I had an 8:00 flight to catch, I wouldn't be out after 2:00AM.
(But I admit I'm an old poot!)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Probably just me, but if I knew I had an 8:00 flight to catch, I wouldn't be out after 2:00AM.(But I admit I'm an old poot!)
Yeah, most responsible adults would think this way. But there's something to that frontable part of the brain not completely connecting until later in the 20's in these young folks. :)

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida

Yeah, most responsible adults would think this way. But there's something to that frontable part of the brain not completely connecting until later in the 20's in these young folks. :)
I don't know. For some people the connection establishes much later than that and then, of course, there are those that...well.....

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Probably just me, but if I knew I had an 8:00 flight to catch, I wouldn't be out after 2:00AM.
(But I admit I'm an old poot!)
when I was 19-22 if I had an 8am flight my thought process would be, stay awake all night, sleep on the plane

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

when I was 19-22 if I had an 8am flight my thought process would be, stay awake all night, sleep on the plane
That's not a bad idea. I fit that age range. Probably be a thought of mine.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004

Unfortunately, we will see this until the human evolves a little more as, "The human brain continues to mature until at least the age of twenty-five, particularly in the areas of judgment, reasoning, and impulse control.17"

hosted.law.wisc.edu/lawreview/issues/2007-3/caulum.pdf

That's why kids need great adult supervision/coaches.

Crimson Crazy

Suspended
Apr 11, 2012

So instead of everyone talking about the BCS National Champions visiting the White House all we will get to hear is about members of the Alabama football team being involved in some kind of incident at 2:00 am on the strip?

Good grief!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.