News Article: Michigan Marching Band will not travel to Cowboy Classic in Dallas

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Money is tight, so I understand if they can't afford several road games. However, why not replace one of the other road games for this?

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
The only big 10 band I recall (from games I attended) is Minnesota. I assume Michigan's band has more class than the Minnesota band (yes I hold a grudge) so I'm sorry Michigan's band isn't coming. I don't remember if Michigan State's band came to the Capital One Bowl or not, so I guess they didn't try to insult Alabama.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This, with the game being nationally televised, truly surprises me. It's hard to imagine Michigan running on to the field in such a big game scenario without "Hail to the Victor" being played.

This honestly is a bit sad to me. Times are indeed tough.

sip

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
as an mdb alumness, I know we'd have been miffed about this one. glad our people were able to find the money to send the MDB.

further proof that the Big 10 does not take football seriously.

TLIT

Scout Team
Apr 28, 2011
Central VA
This one is a bit of a head-scratcher. I'm a Michigan alum (though Bama born and bred and absolutely no divided loyalties when we play Michigan), and I can tell you Michigan folks are going to be furious with AD Dave Brandon over this. I don't blame them, either. Michigan lost a home game to play a thousand miles away in some corporate, sterile environment .... this just makes it worse for them.

bamakasie

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2008
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
The only big 10 band I recall (from games I attended) is Minnesota. I assume Michigan's band has more class than the Minnesota band (yes I hold a grudge) so I'm sorry Michigan's band isn't coming. I don't remember if Michigan State's band came to the Capital One Bowl or not, so I guess they didn't try to insult Alabama.
Yes, I hold a grudge with Minnesota as well. Somewhere along the way we will play them again.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
What a bunch of cheap "bastards" up in Michigan. I know it's a chunk of change to fly the band to Dallas but for goodness sake you are playing the national champions at a great stadium in a game that will be nationally televised. Tune up the MDB, it's all yours!

To paraphrase Coach Bryant, "Aren't they serious about football up there?"

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
When coaches are making millions of dollars, the "money is tight" excuse doesn't fly. But I guess the band won't fly, either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.