Ballgame! Bama beat VU in game 1!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Turnbull went 5.1 with no earned runs! Kamp and Hubbard followed and we wound up winning 6-4.

A good result.

5-11, 15-24 overall.

rtr

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
Some guys pitch better out of the pen than in the rotation. Vice versa for others. I'm all for Turnbull being a rotation guy, because with a good pitching coach and his velocity, which we don't have a good or even mediocre pitching coach, he can be a very good one. But for Chrissakes, Kamplain is a starter, not a reliever. Why mess up the best thing on the mound? (side note: I think Guilbeau's a better starter than reliever too, as well as Keller, but the math doesn't add up there unless one guy starts the midweek)

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I have been saying that for a month, Zona. I don't think ANY of these guys understand their role coming out of the pen, and the team has suffered for it. I mean, I quite often sit down the right field line where I can see the bullpen when they are warming up. There's no coach in there with them to help set them up for coming into the game, and almost every time out these kids get shelled coming in cold.

We have a real chance with these young starters to improve next year. I just really worry that they are not being taught properly.

rtr

BamBBall

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 14, 2012
Hoover, Alabama
K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K=37 he can'nt hit at this level. Its just bad watching the same old Strikeouts game after game knowing that proven hitters are just standing in the dugout. It's time for a Change.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
same thing a couple or so years ago...vandy was far more talented than us, and we went TO vandy IIRC, and swept them. And that vandy team was much better than this one; maybe that was Price's last year?

Don't know what the deal is with vandy this year. I'm sure Corbin is perplexed.

HolyCow

3rd Team
Mar 27, 2010
Field of Dreams
K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K K=37 he can'nt hit at this level. Its just bad watching the same old Strikeouts game after game knowing that proven hitters are just standing in the dugout. It's time for a Change.
I thought Roberts would be ok at the start of the year and has only
gone backward with the hitting coach we have. I would like to know who the "proven" hitters in the dugout are???

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Don't know what the deal is with vandy this year. I'm sure Corbin is perplexed.
They had 12 players drafted from last year's CWS team. That's led to what was expected to be a massive rebuilding year in Nashville. They've also played an extremely difficult schedule. Granted, they're too talented to be losing to teams like Alabama, but they are a relatively inexperienced group.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
They had 12 players drafted from last year's CWS team. That's led to what was expected to be a massive rebuilding year in Nashville. They've also played an extremely difficult schedule. Granted, they're too talented to be losing to teams like Alabama, but they are a relatively inexperienced group.
Oh, absolutely. By perplexed, I mean that no one expected them to be at the bottom of the league right now...young or not. But yeah, it's tough to lose all those guys and expect to win the conference.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.