Bama at Disney

saraelizabethua

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Oxford, Mississippi
The recruiting program for Disney at UA is pretty popular, and I know several UA students who work down there. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but it is AWESOME!

On another note: One of my favorite memories from the Million Dollar Band is being in Universal Studios in California (for the NC game) and the visitors in the park were 99% Alabama fans. People were singing Yea, Alabama in lines and cheering ROOOOOLL TIDE as the rollercoasters went up the first hill. It was awesome.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
My wife and I visit Disney each year and I will wait for one day to don the Crimson Tide t shirt and people come out left and right giving me Roll Tides! I have heard that the Disney College program is popular at UA and have met a few UA students working at Disney. I met an Auburn grad working for DVC at Disney who was a sales rep. He was telling my wife and I about his work in the college program working at Typhoon Lagoon water park working the grill. He was talking about working under a Bama grad when a man pops his head in the office and yells "Roll Tide" to us. I asked who the guy was and the AU grad said it was his boss and that he too was a Bama grad. At that point I asked if every boss that he had worked for at Disney was a Bama grad and his answer was a chin dropping "yes sir."
By the way, I know Epcot has Mickey pins with the Bama football uniform on. I think Disney will discontinue those in the near future and would be a great item to have.

My wife and I visit Disney each year and I will wait for one day to don the Crimson Tide t shirt and people come out left and right giving me Roll Tides! I have heard that the Disney College program is popular at UA and have met a few UA students working at Disney. I met an Auburn grad working for DVC at Disney who was a sales rep. He was telling my wife and I about his work in the college program working at Typhoon Lagoon water park working the grill. He was talking about working under a Bama grad when a man pops his head in the office and yells "Roll Tide" to us. I asked who the guy was and the AU grad said it was his boss and that he too was a Bama grad. At that point I asked if every boss that he had worked for at Disney was a Bama grad and his answer was a chin dropping "yes sir."
By the way, I know Epcot has Mickey pins with the Bama football uniform on. I think Disney will discontinue those in the near future and would be a great item to have.
Yeah, they have them at downtown Disney and in the Magic Kindgom where my son got his. But your story is hilarious. It's crazy that his boss is basically ribbing him and not letting it go. You've gotta love that.

jnhgiela

Suspended
May 26, 2011
Mobile, AL
Just got back from LA on honeymoon. Wore my bama shirt around Disneyland and got a Roll Tide from a family all decked out in Bama gear! Of course, there was another family w/ Bama hats and shirts later on that day. Glad to know we are represented out there!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I work in Atlanta a lot and I've gotten a few Roll Tides when wearing my Bama shirt.

I once had to work for three weeks in Barnville. I wore a Bama shirt every day and every moment I was out in public. I even got a RT from someone while I was there.

Cadillac55

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2010
I leave Saturday for the land of the Mouse, and I too will be sporting my Bama gear......I have already packed both championship hats and shirts for the trip.

However, my favorite, and my wife loves to pack it for me, is my plain white shirt with the large block "BAMA" on the front.....It is amazing how many people will acknowledge with a Roll Tide. We have pictures from most of our vacation spots with that shirt.....It is the first item packed when going on vacation......

Aries

2nd Team
Jul 13, 2001
Mobile, Al
My family and I were sitting waiting for "Fantasmic" to start when one of the ushers noticed my 6 yr old daughter and 3 yr daughter wearing Bama T-shirts. He was walking up the isle and casually said "roll tide" and kept walking. Both my 6 yr old and 3 year old daughters yelled back "roll tide". He stopped turned around and asked where they were from. They both said Alabama. He was from Bham and we all began to talk Bama football. We talked for about 5 mins and right before he left, he handed my daughters about 10 fast passes for Toy Story.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I work in Atlanta a lot and I've gotten a few Roll Tides when wearing my Bama shirt.

I once had to work for three weeks in Barnville. I wore a Bama shirt every day and every moment I was out in public. I even got a RT from someone while I was there.
I live in one of the Atlanta burbs and always get at least one Roll Tide! when I'm out and about with Bama gear on. Likely as not it will be from a fan of another school.

You'll see a lot of schools from around the country represented especially on weekends when people are dressed more casual. There are a lot of barners up here as well but I never hear anybody WE one of them.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
A Bama student started working as a Riverboat Jungle cruise captain in the early 70's. After graduation he went to work for Disney World full time. He rose to director of Personnel of all Disney properties before retiring. Disney still does an effective job of recruiting Bama students and University grads. It is a great place to work and the training for students looks good on their resumes.
You should always get plenty of Roll Tides on the Disney properties!

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
We are season pass holders at Disney. Whenever I wear my Bama gear, we get "Roll Tide" all day long. My 9 yr old daughter even has an Alabama shirt with Tinker Bell on it and got a "Roll Tide" from all of the princesses last month during a meet and greet.

Living here in Orlando I can tell you there are LOTS and LOTS of Bama fans about. I get "ROLL TIDE" every time I go out wearing Bama gear. Riding around the area you see plenty of BAMA decals and tags on vehicles and flags flying in yards. There are two houses with flags in my neighbor hood (three counting our house)

BamaFanTN

3rd Team
Mar 1, 2011
Melbourne, FL
We were at the Magic Kingdom about two weeks ago and watching the nighttime parade. I had on my hat and my son had on his Bama Sweatshirt. The last lady in the parade that was on our side leaned down and said "Roll Tide" to my son! He spun and looked at me with eyes wide and said "She gave me a Roll Tide at Disney!!" He is six so combining two of his favorite things was awesome!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.