ut football team averaged 1.9 GPA among scholarship players

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
They've improved their chair stacking curriculum to make it more demanding and to better prepare their graduates for the stress and demands of the job. I think that some of this is due to this recent tragedy:

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
click here

additionally, 30 players on academic probation....wow
`We’ve also had an inordinate amount of transition in the Thornton Center (the academic facility for all student-athletes). All of our counselors were new. … So the expectations were different. They didn’t understand me. I didn’t understand them. I think the players had to get used to a new system of support.

So they hired bad tutors who didn't know how to tutor? And who Dooley didn't understand?

Did they farm the jobs to India?

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
Having read the whole thing now, this is sad. Looks like they will be signing 25 the next couple of years for sure.

25 JRs/SRs under 2.0 who need at least a spring 2.0 to return, ten of the 2011 class are in the same boat and it sounds like 10+ got 6 or less credits. You need 6 per semester to stay eligible and then more to be in line with the formula for being on pace to graduate going into each year.

They could reasonably have 10 or more scholarship players not return next year. Soon they will be Auburn young.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
This is just really pitiful. I thought that when UT hired Dooley, he would, if given enough time, turn that program around. I've now changed my mind - I think he's lost control of his team. It is Tenorsee, though, so it's hard to say I feel sorry for them, but at the same time, I'm kinda torn between wanting them to continue their downfall (because of Phat Phil), and wanting them to improve. Oh, well.......

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
I expect their dismal showing to improve quickly. Jon Dever who built our academics for the University athletes just made the change to ut. He will get results. Hopefully he will return to Alabama someday with a greater role here.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just don't understand how a program could fall so far without outside interference.
Hired the wrong people. From the AD, to his hire of Kiffen, to hiring Dooley to replace him. Dooley was obviously not ready...

And then Fulmer. Fulmer really lost it towards the end, in player recruitment and development and they were behind the 8 ball when Kiffin was brought in.

Of course, that is my scientific explanation. I actually truly believe this is some sort of karma induced justice for the underhanded, sneaky way they went about trying to bring Alabama down. They had a lot of blood on their hands, and now they're paying for it.

BamaBriar

Scout Team
Mar 24, 2011
Capstone46 , I think it was Jon Gilbert who went to UT with Dave Hart Jon Dever is still listed in the Alabama Athletic Department directory as an Assistant Athletic Director in charge of Academics here.

tidebanker

1st Team
Oct 10, 2002
Hoover, AL USA
`We’ve also had an inordinate amount of transition in the Thornton Center (the academic facility for all student-athletes). All of our counselors were new. … So the expectations were different. They didn’t understand me. I didn’t understand them. I think the players had to get used to a new system of support.
He forgot to add..."so we don't need any more transitions or changes in the athletic department or it'll get worse."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.