Kayak Fishing

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Anyone on here do it? Know anything about it? Been wanting too for a long time. Just saw one that has a built in trolling motor, seems easier to fish from.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Too much work for me bro. I see about 8 million of them all the time up until about a month from now when the Africa hot sets in. I'd buy used if I was ever gonna do it. Gotta be a kajillion used ones on the market, I'm sure, from people getting all gung ho and then realizing there is actually work involved.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Too much work for me bro. I see about 8 million of them all the time up until about a month from now when the Africa hot sets in. I'd buy used if I was ever gonna do it. Gotta be a kajillion used ones on the market, I'm sure, from people getting all gung ho and then realizing there is actually work involved.
Yea that is what held me back till I saw the trolling motor.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Every time I run out in the river and throw a net over kayakers I get arrested. Hope you have better luck with it.

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
I've gone a few times with a buddy of mine. Trolling motor would've made things much easier for us, or me at least. I still have it in the back of my mind that I'm going to fall out, but all said and done, at the end of the day, it is really fun and a pretty effective way to get fish on the hook. I would certainly recommend it if it's something you're truly interested in.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've gone a few times with a buddy of mine. Trolling motor would've made things much easier for us, or me at least. I still have it in the back of my mind that I'm going to fall out, but all said and done, at the end of the day, it is really fun and a pretty effective way to get fish on the hook. I would certainly recommend it if it's something you're truly interested in.
What happens to you if you hook the really big boy? I've rolled a kayak (many times) in the Grand Canyon and on the Gauley in WVA, but I've never attempted to roll a flat water kayak with a 100 lb catfish on the hook... :D

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The last time I saw a guy kayaking it was on the Nantahala River in TN. It seems his kayak got upside down and he must have hit his head on those rocks, so he probably had a really hard time righting it back up. There were several fire and rescue guys all around him trying to get him out, and well, he didn't look none too healthy.

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
What happens to you if you hook the really big boy? I've rolled a kayak (many times) in the Grand Canyon and on the Gauley in WVA, but I've never attempted to roll a flat water kayak with a 100 lb catfish on the hook... :D
The ones made for fishing are supposed to be more sturdy to keep rollovers from happening. I know it is a kayak and that WILL happen. Plus these are made to sit on top of, rather than inside so a rollover is not as bad. I'm gonna try it out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.