Today's Question: Do you support same-sex marriage?

RVTIDER

Hall of Fame
Oct 29, 2004
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I neither support it nor I am against it. I know this issue will never have an affect on my personal liberties. So if I can be free of the government telling me who I can and cannot marry, why can't everyone else have that same right. I guess you can say I think the government should have NO stance on this.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I neither support it nor I am against it. I know this issue will never have an affect on my personal liberties. So if I can be free of the government telling me who I can and cannot marry, why can't everyone else have that same right. I guess you can say I think the government should have NO stance on this.
Here's a pretty interesting article, by a minister, that sort of ties into your comments. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tony-campolo/a-possible-compromise-on-_b_826170.html

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I Agree

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
It would be wonderful if the government didn't have a say in it, but there are too many legal situations in which being able to say you are "the spouse" becomes important (estates, taxes, and medical are just a few that come to mind); therefore, government does have to be involved.

Look, I have had homosexuals in my life since the day I was born. These are people I care about and love. These are my friends and my family. My aunt was a lesbian who was murdered in her own kitchen by a young man who wanted her dead simply because his mother loved her. A gay man was the father figure in my life for many years before my biological father became an active part in it. He loved me and cared for me and taught me about compassion and self-respect more than my own parents did. My two best friends in my adult life are gay men, one of whom I love and respect so much that I chose him to stand up with me when I got married instead of having a Maid of Honor. He was my Man of Honor, and he embodies that role more than any heterosexual man I know.

These are our fellow human beings. I love them. I will not believe that the God I believe in finds them unloveable or unworthy of His grace. I do not respect those who call themselves Christians, then willfully judge and discriminate against them. I do not respect a government that persists in denying upwards of 10% of its populace basic legal rights that 90% of the populace has just because they are heterosexual. That is no better than denying rights based on color of skin or religion or gender.

I can only align myself with that which I know is right. I teach my children to do the same. If my generation can't get this thing right, I can only pray that their generation will.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
These are our fellow human beings. I love them. I will not believe that the God I believe in finds them unloveable or unworthy of His grace. I do not respect those who call themselves Christians, then willfully judge and discriminate against them. I do not respect a government that persists in denying upwards of 10% of its populace basic legal rights that 90% of the populace has just because they are heterosexual. That is no better than denying rights based on color of skin or religion or gender.
You nailed it.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
No I do not. Nor any legislation mandating that I must.

HOWSOMEEVERAGAINSOMEMORESTILL!!!

I do support legal mandates enforcing equal treatment of all individuals for insurance, tax, lending, employment, and public access codes. Level the field on these and marriage becomes a non-issue.

Do away with the legal ramifications of marriage and let it be an individual moral decision and I'm good.

No government has ever been able to legislate morality.

Brother Dave Gardner:::::
"Beloved, If we was moral,,, we could all go nude!"

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
There is no such thing as gay marriage. It is and has been a religious institution between men and women. I agree that it should have NO place in
Govt. and should be left in religious institutions. One thing I have never understood is people that yelp about separation between church and state want to bring them together so vehemently in this case. While I disagree with the lifestyle I have no problem according gay couples the same visitation and inheritance, insurance rights as everyone else.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I don't morally support it, never have, never will.

But.

It's not like outlawing it is going to change homosexual minds or tendencies.

"Dang Freddy, since we can't get married, I'm just gonna stop being gay now and go find myself a woman to settle down with."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.