Who would you guys like to see the SEC add to fill out a 16 team conference?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My preference would be to add two teams from the West.
1. Boise St.
2. Oregon

That might be the only way to shut them up about what they think should have been. :)

My problem with this is that there's too much ugly Blue, and too much 'Quacking' Green...

Seriously:
Both teams belong in the 'Mythical Mountain West'.

Last edited:

freefall

1st Team
Apr 30, 2009
Leesburg, VA
[...]VT could likely follow the path of FSU post Beamer.
Given that some of us think we're already well down the FSU/Bowden road, this is a real concern and one of the places where I agree with krazy. I remember doing a little research on this awhile back. Unfortunately I can't find the details now, but I think I looked at all the head coaches at all the schools that had ever played in the BCSCG. Of those schools, I think only one had at that time not had at least one coaching change (tOSU/Tressel?), and the average was something like 2 or 3 busts before they found the right guy. And given that these were all BCS-championship-caliber programs, we're not talking about schools that lack prestige or the ability to pay a significant salary. So the odds are not in our favor when it comes to replacing CFB, and that's a clear risk when it comes to comes to our evaluation in any realignment scenario.

I still say that the SEC should add VT, of course. ;)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I still say that the SEC should add VT, of course. ;)
I was busy talking so much I didn't bother to really touch on two things.

A: I can't say how well developed VT will be in a few years. If they can build up their resume more, improve seating capacity and just generally show they are still headed in the right direction then their value will continue to go up as well. I just hope the development isn't just as a football program. But, even as a football program, they still have a hump to get over. The conference championship game was a good example. They were on a national stage, and had a chance to play a role in shaping the championship discussion. They got blown out...

B: That segues into the other concern. Developmentally, joining the SEC could actually crush VT. Look at their play against Clemson last year. A combined 61-13 at home and a neutral site. Even fourth place in the west Auburn gave them a much better contest, @ Clemson. The SEC will probe weaknesses and even the east could take advantage. If it becomes a rough transition, the progress they have been making could be virtually erased. I read Beamer is strongly against moving to the SEC, and honestly, what, if not this type of concern would keep him from wanting to join? If he thinks VT would do well, he would support the move, right?

So, I believe it's probably in VT's best interest to stay on their current path for a few more years and then? Who knows, but personally I'd be willing to re-evaluate things then.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Viginia Tech and FSU. VaTech for obvious reasons (new market)... FSU because they bring a rabid fanbase (aka money) to the table (despite UF's displeasure). Both are "SEC-type" schools and both would help expand the SEC footprint well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.