Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Women's golf leads NCAA after first round

he Alabama women's golf team has the first-round lead at the 2012 NCAA Women's Golf Championships at 2-under-par 286 on the par-72, 6,377-yard North Course at the Vanderbilt Legends Club. "It was a nice start to the tournament," Alabama head coach Mic Potter said. "You can lose today, but you can't win. You have to keep yourself in position. I like the fact that we played late today and early tomorrow, and we can come back and keep our momentum going.
    "It is all about positioning right now - there is a lot of golf to be played. It is as much endurance, patience and staying calm as it is anything."
    In the team race, Virginia is second place at even-par 288, after an incorrect scorecard cost the Cavaliers six shots almost three hours after they completed their round. Duke is in third at 1-over 289 with North Carolina fourth (292) and Arizona State and UCLA tied for fifth at 5-over 293.
    http://www.rolltide.com/sports/w-gol...052212aaa.html

Great job by the lady linksters. The men's golf is next week (I think) and we should be one of the favorites in that tournament. With those and softball, we could have as many as five national championships for the year.

Elsewhere in the SEC, Florida won the NCAA women's tennis crown. They also won men's indoor track. So with those two, Kentucky basketball and our football and women's gymnastics, the SEC already has fie national championships in the bag this year. With the golfs, baseball, softball and outdoor track, the league could win as many as 11 national titles overall.

SEC!!! SEC!!! SEC!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Women's golf leads NCAA after first round

Another article.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/articl...AA-golf-by-two

Had not thought about Women's golf. They are having a great year. Focusing positive energy toward our team. Bring back the trophy. RTR
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation All-American

Looks like they currently hold a 6 stroke lead (though still awaiting several players today for other teams)

http://www.ncaa.com/content/di-women...am-leaderboard
    Honey Badger can take what the Tide gives him and like it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The second round is in the books and we have an eleven stroke lead over UCLA, Virginia and North Carolina. Brooke Pancake (I just love her name) leads the individual race by two strokes. Stephanie Meadow is sixth, four strokes back.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    The second round is in the books and we have an eleven stroke lead over UCLA, Virginia and North Carolina. Brooke Pancake (I just love her name) leads the individual race by two strokes. Stephanie Meadow is sixth, four strokes back.

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/w-gol...052312aaa.html

2 more rounds to go. It's golf, anything can happen. But I like our chances. Hope the girls can maintain their focus and finish this thing. RTR
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Dropped a few shots early today, but still up by 9. Everyone's struggling early today though.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Alabama finished +18 today :O

Only up by 2 after 3 rounds. Looks like it's a two team race between us and USC, the rest of the teams near the top of the leaderboard are due for a reality check tomorrow.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

They must have really fallen apart the last few holes, they were up by about 15 at one point.

Several of the girls had a couple bad holes(boggies and double boggies) on the back nine. Bama is still leading...tomorrow will be a shoot-out. Look for Bama to come through for the victory. Roll Tide.
    Bama 873-315-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Several of the girls had a couple bad holes(boggies and double boggies) on the back nine. Bama is still leading...tomorrow will be a shoot-out. Look for Bama to come through for the victory. Roll Tide.
    I like the way you think. They got the bad round out of the way. Now its time to get on with their championship march. Bring it home Bama.
    Coach Nick Saban.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Birdie on the first by McKim, great start considering she's posted the highest scores of any team member so far this week.

BTW, this is the most I've ever follow a women's golf tournament. The UofA just does something to me. I'm compelled to watch anything we do.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Birdie on the first by McKim, great start considering she's posted the highest scores of any team member so far this week.

BTW, this is the most I've ever follow a women's golf tournament. The UofA just does something to me. I'm compelled to watch anything we do.
    The closest I have ever followed a woman's golf tournament also. Today could be very exciting!
    Last edited by GP for Bama; May 25th, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Bama 873-315-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

I have had trouble keeping up with this throughout the day, but last I checked we were tied with USC.
    It's not rocket surgery!