Blog: The Choom Gang: Obama’s pot-smoking high school days

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I am sure it was confusing. Since the media claimed treason in regards to the outing of a back office analyst like Plame (courtesy of VP Cheney's office), I am sure that many in the same halls of media will be pressing the Obama Admin to try Panetta (in the case of the double agent being outed in Yemen) and J Brennan (in the case of the Pakistani doc) to be brought up on similar charges.
OK I got it. Thanks for the clarification.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
No offense intended, DiamondDust.

Maybe it's your old age that's getting you, but I was actually referring to the allegations of President Bush's cocaine usage... not his DUI's. Either way, they didn't impact the election just as President Clinton and President Obama's marijuana usage didn't impact the election.
But, my age has nothing to do with your failure to communicate effectively! It is true marijuana was not an issue in the elections of Clinton and Obama. But, surely you must admit the media did not apply the same standards to Bush's DUI or cocaine allegations. They just failed. Indeed, you and others might out fox me. But, I'll do my best. If I stumble, perhaps, others will take the baton and continue to wage the war of ideas against liberalism. It is worth it for my children and grandchildren. If we, as a nation, don't soon turn this country around, we'll have a revolution or tyranny, IMO.

:BigA:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Re: No offense intended, DiamondDust.

But, my age has nothing to do with your failure to communicate effectively! It is true marijuana was not an issue in the elections of Clinton and Obama. But, surely you must admit the media did not apply the same standards to Bush's DUI or cocaine allegations. They just failed. Indeed, you and others might out fox me. But, I'll do my best. If I stumble, perhaps, others will take the baton and continue to wage the war of ideas against liberalism. It is worth it for my children and grandchildren. If we, as a nation, don't soon turn this country around, we'll have a revolution or tyranny, IMO.

If we don't turn this nation around we will have an oligarchy of the wealthy and a tyranny of the theocratic. I noticed "out fox" is in italics. I gonna change my avatar to a fox.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Obama wrote about his drug use in his first book. This was talked about at length during the 2008 campaign.
92tide,

I must have been hibernating during the 2008 campaign.

I'm not from Missouri, but SHOW me documentation that this was talked about at length during the 2008 campaign: ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, etc.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana

If we don't turn this nation around we will have an oligarchy of the wealthy and a tyranny of the theocratic. I noticed "out fox" is in italics. I gonna change my avatar to a fox.
Have you noticed how Obama is critical of Wall Street, yet they are his biggest contributors. Ever wondered why? Hmm ... Yes, oligarchy is definitely a problem as Democrats get elected. Oh! Theocratic as in Sharia law. Yep, the libs are in love with those of the Islamic faith, too. Christians are satisfied with separation of church & state, as long as there is separation of state & church. Not so with Islam.

Bama4Ever831

All-American
Sep 13, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL

I'll bet $5 that Banjeaux is an old, banned member. I have a particular one in mind.... one that called me a watermelon quite frequently..

I'm talking about drug use mattering to voters when they cast their ballots. In this instance, I care nothing about the great media boogeyman you obviously live in total fear of each and every day... but run along and go fight your war. Have fun. I've been hearing people trumpet a potential "revolution" for years and years now. If you really want one, what's stopping you?

Oh don't look... liberalism is behind you! Run for the hills!

Last edited:

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
its a damn shame that obama had brietbart killed before he could vet the president. luckily his loyal followers are carrying on the derp.
Derp? At first, I thought that was a typeaux, 92tide. Again google help me to understand a post. I don't watch South Park.

brietbart's website is running daily "vettings" of the president. most of them getting posted by banjeaux. all of them silly.
I didn't need to google "silly." Thanks for posting in regular English, so all can understand

92tide, indeed, I started threads on 5/17 & 5/18, with links to Breitbart articles. I didn't find any others that I had posted, in a quick look. Perhaps, you will find some, if you choose to look. Nevertheless, I'll take your word about Breitbart's daily "vettings." I frankly don't know. So, two posts for eight days of vetting is most? :conf2: That is why I try to find articles in the Washington Post & other liberal sources, to avoid this type of criticism. You're not suggesting news, with which you disagree, should be censored, are you? I didn't think so.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana

I'm talking about drug use mattering to voters when they cast their ballots. In this instance, I care nothing about the great media boogeyman you obviously live in total fear of each and every day... but run along and go fight your war. Have fun. I've been hearing people trumpet a potential "revolution" for years and years now. If you really want one, what's stopping you?

Oh don't look... liberalism is behind you! Run for the hills!
Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals:
"Tactics are those conscious deliberate acts by which human beings live with each other and deal with the world around them. ... Here our concern is with the tactic of taking; how the Have-Nots can take power away from the Haves."

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals:
"Tactics are those conscious deliberate acts by which human beings live with each other and deal with the world around them. ... Here our concern is with the tactic of taking; how the Have-Nots can take power away from the Haves."

5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

Then I guess everything is coming up Milhouse.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana

I'll bet $5 that Banjeaux is an old, banned member. I have a particular one in mind.... one that called me a watermelon quite frequently..
Watermelon? I suppose some could claim that is racist. I don't call folks names. My mother taught me better.

BTW, what have I posted that would make you think such. At least you have the courage to do that, right. Just between us and members of TideFans. Or, in a p.m., maybe. Seriously, you're not comfortable with sharing ideas with an old obnoxious gas producer, who has ideas different from your own. Huh? I'm not trying to pick a fight. I try to obey the rules and stay civil. Fair enough?

Oh! Look for p.m. with my PayPal bill. Hold on! I'll let Staci weigh in. Perhaps, she will choose to claim your money.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Libs always change their image when they are caught looking foolish;)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

LOL It's the attack of the Louisiana Breuxs. I notice you location is Breaux Bridge. Is that under the bridge?
There is only water under the bridge......well that and a few dead crawfish....

How'd all these libs wind up in Alabama, it really breaks my heart :(

Bama4Ever831

All-American
Sep 13, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL

Watermelon? I suppose some could claim that is racist. I don't call folks names. My mother taught me better.

BTW, what have I posted that would make you think such. At least you have the courage to do that, right. Just between us and members of TideFans. Or, in a p.m., maybe. Seriously, you're not comfortable with sharing ideas with an old obnoxious gas producer, who has ideas different from your own. Huh? I'm not trying to pick a fight. I try to obey the rules and stay civil. Fair enough?

Oh! Look for p.m. with my PayPal bill. Hold on! I'll let Staci weigh in. Perhaps, she will choose to claim your money.
It's not really a particular thing you said, but more of your tone and aggression as shown above.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
A comment from the link above

Since this hit piece legitimizes scrutiny of high school behavior, let's compare: President Obama long ago admitted to smoking weed in high school. Mitt Romney committed violent assault against someone for looking different, and now pretends not to remember even though his classmates do.

That says a lot about their character and how they have evolved since high school.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I am sure it was confusing. Since the media claimed treason in regards to the outing of a back office analyst like Plame (courtesy of VP Cheney's office), I am sure that many in the same halls of media will be pressing the Obama Admin to try Panetta (in the case of the double agent being outed in Yemen) and J Brennan (in the case of the Pakistani doc) to be brought up on similar charges.
She was NOT some 'back office agent' whatever that means. She was a trained covert agent (at great expense and time) who spent a significant amount of time on location within middle east countries. She was outed for the sole purpose of getting back at her husband.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
She was NOT some 'back office agent' whatever that means. She was a trained covert agent (at great expense and time) who spent a significant amount of time on location within middle east countries. She was outed for the sole purpose of getting back at her husband.
No she wasn't and the first person to ever speak of her was her husband. I know many in the media and Hollywood made her out to be as you described her (covert, please.) but that was far from the truth. She was strictly an analyst (back office agent is the meaning of an analyst) who did serve on at least three continents going thru info that she was ordered to process and that was presented to her. She never gathered info that led to info of explosives use or info on the whereabouts of OBL. The two people who outed those who did that serve in the present day President's cabinet and they must answer for such acts in the media in much the same manner that VP Cheney and aide answered for theirs! I mean if you are a person who wants fairness in our country for economic success, shouldn't political coverage be fair as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.