How rare is this Bama Memorabilia?

Bamaboi3

May 4, 2012
Hello all,

My name is Blake, i didn't see an intro thread in the stickies or would have posted. I would like some feedback about the rarity of these items and this seemed like the optimal place to do so. These are not currently for sale, but I'm heading in that direction. I know it's hard to price stuff like this, but I will choose a price myself later on. So tell me if you have see any of this.

So here we go:

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech Football Program 1979

Signed by Coach Bryant

[/IMG]

I also have an Alabama vs. Virginia Tech Football Program 1979

Signed by:

The 1979 Champsionship Team, less a few signatures.​

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG

[/IMG]]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Alabama vs. Penn State 1979 Sugar Bowl Football Program

Signed By:

Robert Jones* Who Is This?
Mal Moore
Ken Donahue
Charley Thornton
Dee Powell
George "Shorty" White
Jack Rutledge
Henry "Sang" Lyda

and the 1978 Championship team, less a couple as well.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

I have a few more things I'll post, but here are these for now. So I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks, Blake

Bamaboi3

May 4, 2012
Re: How rare is this Bama Memoribilia?

Thanks, I'd hoped it would be an interesting thread with the pics. More items in just a minute.

Bamaboi3

May 4, 2012

More stuff...

1946 Alabama vs. USC Rose Bowl Ticket Stub

[/IMG]

2 1979 Alabama vs. Penn State Sugar Bowl Ticket Stubs

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Bama magazine

August 1979
[/IMG]

Letter to Alumni's that came with above magazine.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Tuscaloosa News

Nov. 29, 1981

[/IMG]

Pic of souvenir section.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Tuscaloosa News

August 16, 1981
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Tribute dinner/event for Coach Bryant

March 8, 1982
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
To answer your question above, I believe Robert Jones was a running back for Bama. Would be easy enough to look up but I can't right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

To answer your question above, I believe Robert Jones was a running back for Bama. Would be easy enough to look up but I can't right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I think the Robert Jones he mentions was known as Robbie Jones in the early 80's and played on defense I think. The Robert Jones who played running back played for Coach Stallings and was from Parker High School.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al

That is a great collection and how do you price something like that? I would say put it on e-bay if or when you want to sell it and see where the bidding goes.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

Robert Jones* Who Is This?
I would think it would have to be future NFL LB Robbie Jones . Very good player .

Great collection , but I will say , and I'm in no way any sort of hand-writing expert , that the numbered signature of Coach Bryant down at the bottom looks a bit suspect to me . Gryska , among others , used to sign many items of that sort in place of Coach Bryant . Especially when considering the year .

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama

I can't begin to help you with a value, but I'm glad you shared these photos. I especially liked the letter CPB sent to his team after winning the '79 championship. You have a great collection.

Bamaboi3

May 4, 2012

I would think it would have to be future NFL LB Robbie Jones . Very good player .

Great collection , but I will say , and I'm in no way any sort of hand-writing expert , that the numbered signature of Coach Bryant down at the bottom looks a bit suspect to me . Gryska , among others , used to sign many items of that sort in place of Coach Bryant . Especially when considering the year .

What throws me off on the Robert Jones signature is that it is on the page where the coaching staff signed. I will see if I can find a Robbie Jones's signature and compare.

On the tribute cover the signature is printed on the best I can tell, I was showing that there were only 3,000 printed.

Here are some pics of the inside of the tribute...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Here is an old? list of yells/songs

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad the thread has drawn interest. I can take more pics of this stuff if anything is hard to read or see.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

As for the price, they are worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

As for the authenticity of the memorabilia, you would need to show that they are authentic to receive top price for it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.