Alabama Women's Golf Team--National Champions

pnhs1311

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 5, 2007
Joining the Alabama Football Team and Women's Gymnastics, the Women's Golf Team just won their first ever NCAA national championship. The mens golf team will play in their national championship tournament next week. Plus the Softball team winning would make for an unreal year for Alabama Athletics.

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A gutsy performance, especially after falling 5 shots behind during the round. Well done ladies, Roll Tide!

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
A girl from Virginia signed an incorrect scorecard in the first round. She was DQd for the day and Virginia had to count their fifth golfer's score, which cost them six strokes. They wound up in fourth place by four strokes. Her mistake cost her team the title.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This is a fantastic feat and incredibly difficult and tension filled. I know as my youngest son played on the Clemson golf national championship team in 2003. You cannot imagine how much pressure these golfers feel coming down in the last holes. We need to celebrate this big-time. If the Ladies Softball and Men's Golf can come through -- it would be a year like no other university has had of which I am aware.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.