Which of the freshman signees are already on campus ?

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Aside from the ones who enrolled in January I mean. I saw a Twitter picture of Geno Smith, Cyrus Jones, Landon Collins and Denzel Devall. Can we confirm which others are on campus yet ? Thanks

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Summer classes start this week, so I'd expect the majority of the Freshmen are on campus. There might be an article about it later this week or something.

I can tell you Caleb Gulledge is on campus. Some friends from PHS keep liking this picture and putting it on my News Feed on Facebook.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
Quick bump to this topic as I was wondering if there have been any other recruits seen on campus that might have been close to qualifying.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Does Saban "encourage" the new signees to enroll in summer school to get a jump on classes and the college culture?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Does Saban "encourage" the new signees to enroll in summer school to get a jump on classes and the college culture?
It is pretty rare for a signee to not enroll in summer school to begin working out with the team. Getting to Tuscaloosa in August puts the player at a disadvantage.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Really looking forward to hearing how the new guys are doing in the weight training. Having Brandon Greene on campus is big, he plays a position of future need for us and at least on paper appears to have plenty of upside once he fills out.
Greene is a good prospect. He will be good after a redshirt year IMO. So will Brandon Hill. He's a physical monster just raw. He could be an absolute masher on our offensive line. Gulledge and Alphonse Taylor had serious upside as well. Hill and Taylor are very similar linemen. Talk about road graders. Jeez.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Really looking forward to hearing how the new guys are doing in the weight training. Having Brandon Greene on campus is big, he plays a position of future need for us and at least on paper appears to have plenty of upside once he fills out.
But having him on campus doesn't automatically mean he's been approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse, right? I think Alfy Hill went through the summer semester and participated in summer workouts, only to be "stiffed" by the NCAA just before Fall semester. (Damn, I hate the NCAA!)

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
But having him on campus doesn't automatically mean he's been approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse, right? I think Alfy Hill went through the summer semester and participated in summer workouts, only to be "stiffed" by the NCAA just before Fall semester. (Damn, I hate the NCAA!)
I'm pretty sure they've all been cleared. All freshmen are on campus for sure. I saw a Tweet with Greene and he had his ACTion card (student ID). The Alfy Hill thing was weird. Hopefully we won't see anything like that again.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I'm pretty sure they've all been cleared. All freshmen are on campus for sure. I saw a Tweet with Greene and he had his ACTion card (student ID). The Alfy Hill thing was weird. Hopefully we won't see anything like that again.
He was cleared then retroactively revoked. He actually passed UA classes.

All reported from media posts

RollTide66

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 5, 2011
He was cleared then retroactively revoked. He actually passed UA classes.

All reported from media posts
From AL.COM article this evening.=
"...Saban said all but one of the football team's incoming freshmen are enrolled in summer school, "and we're hopeful that he'll be in shortly." Saban did not identify the player. According to BamaOnline.com, offensive lineman Brandon Hill has not yet been cleared.An eight-week summer conditioning program has begun.
"Everybody's in summer school," Saban said. "We're not allowed as coaches to work with the players right now. The strength and conditioning coaches work on them on conditioning, trying to get them prepared for the season, and so far that's been going very well.""

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
A question for anybody that knows - I know that Coach Cochran is the only coach that can oversee summer workouts. But is there any place in the football facility where someone could observe - like CNS's office?

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
A question for anybody that knows - I know that Coach Cochran is the only coach that can oversee summer workouts. But is there any place in the football facility where someone could observe - like CNS's office?
If I recall, the weight room can be seen from a window in Saban's office, and there is a 2nd floor patio in the Mal Moore building that is above the practice fields.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.