Have You DeFriended Anyone On Facebook and What Were The Consequences?

dblack

Scout Team
Dec 23, 2009
I defriend people on a regular basis. It's more a cleansing of my friend list...for example, deleting someone I may have had one class with in school, etc.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Yes, of course. I have no compunction about it either. I got rid of a few ol' gals from college who lost their minds during the last presidential election. Holy smokes, the political rants were just too much for me. Forget blocking them - I wanted them out of my entire existence, then I blocked them because we have so many friends in common. No fallout except there are times in a mutual friend's comments where I can tell one of them has commented because of the reply, but of course I can't see it so it's all good.

The only unfriend/block I did that felt weird was the brother of a very dear friend of mine. He is a few years older than we are, was a complete screw-up in college (huge alcoholic), then went on to become one of those full-fledged, born again Christians and became a minister. Well, he didn't take kindly to some of our discussions about homosexuality and he absolutely dropped his basket over me! You would've thought God was sending forth murderous bands of angel executioners to damn me to the depths of Hell by the way this "man of God" was talking to me. So, since he offended me, I plucked him out of my life. It's hard because now his sister doesn't mention him to me at all, which is strange after so many years of somehow mentioning him in all "catching up" conversations, but it is what it is. She and I are fine with each other and all that matters. :)
I didn't know you knew l'ilred so well. :biggrin2:

Never defriended anyone. I reckon I'd have to use it first.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I defriended my uncle and told him why. He posted hundreds of pictures of stray dogs every day. I'm in favor of saving animals, but good lord, it was ridiculous. I told him he needed help.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Funny. Today, because of this thread, I have gleaned over 100 people from my list. Criteria? If u haven't seen you post in a while, or if your posts don't entertain me, or if we just aren't really friends in real life. Felt good. And I owe it all to TFNS
Gleaned (gathered, accumulated) seems pretty much the opposite of what you mean. Culled maybe?

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Gleaned (gathered, accumulated) seems pretty much the opposite of what you mean. Culled maybe?
I knew what he meant...geesh, just a simple typo of 1 letter!

He meant "gleated":

A particular style of spitting using the tongue on the roof of your mouth to create pressure strong enough to shoot a thin stream of spit between a gap in one's two front top teeth.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.