DE / Jack Carl Lawson Updates (Auburn Commit)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He's the number one weekside DE in the country and seems to be all about Auburn. Already committed and seems pretty firm. Have we recruited him and/or has he shown us any interest?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Is Carl Lawson a Barn lock?

I think Jonathan Allen is our Carl Lawson and we can't get every player from Georgia:)
Gotta a link??? (proving we can't get every player out of Georgia???) :biggrin:

I check the recruiting board almost daily and I haven't seen much discussion about him.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

He did mention that once he made his decision that was it and he would help recruit for that team. He picked Awbarn early and I believe he's going to stick with that. It's still early in recruiting and anything can happen but I think UGA was next on his list and maybe Clemson after that.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

247Sports is by far the best service right now. They have a ton of guys out there evaluating and rotate people in from different regions to give fresh opinions.
247 is good and they have a lot great assets at their disposal but I would hesitate to call them the best just yet. I think people underestimate ESPN as a recruiting service.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

247Sports is by far the best service right now. They have a ton of guys out there evaluating and rotate people in from different regions to give fresh opinions.
I won't have any opinion of their work until they've actually done enough to have a track record .

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

247 is good and they have a lot great assets at their disposal but I would hesitate to call them the best just yet. I think people underestimate ESPN as a recruiting service.
I agree with you Airborne and quite possibly they may be the best of all of them right now.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

How on earth did UGA let a Top 5 player in their backyard slip away from them and to the barn too????

I can see UGA losing players to Bama and UF, but Lawson and Trey Johnson both to auburn is crazy. :conf3:

I realize Richt is usually late to he dance, but this is just plain sloppy on UGA staff.

The only thing that makes sense for Lawson and TJ to commit to au is early playing time. period.

Last edited:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

How on earth did UGA let a Top 5 player in their backyard slip away from them and to the barn too????

I can see UGA losing players to Bama and UF, but Lawson and Trey Johnson both to auburn is crazy. :conf3:

I realize Richt is usually late to he dance, but this is just plain sloppy on UGA staff.

The only thing that makes sense for Lawson and TJ to commit to au is early playing time. period.
i dont think Lawson was rated this high when AU started after him. he was an unknown at the time. I think Trey Johnson wants to go somewhere he can start right away.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

i dont think Lawson was rated this high when AU started after him. he was an unknown at the time. I think Trey Johnson wants to go somewhere he can start right away.
That's Mark Richt all over. Very slow in assessing talent, particularly linemen, then scrambles around trying to flip instate kids committed to other schools. We signed 8 Georgians who were 4 stars or better last year. Georgia had 5. This year, he's been faster on the draw. Richt may sign 30. But he's fighting tooth and nail with Florida, AU, USC and us for the best kids, and barely holding his own.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

That's Mark Richt all over. Very slow in assessing talent, particularly linemen, then scrambles around trying to flip instate kis committed to other schools. We signed 8 Georgia kids who were 4 stars or better last year. Georgia had 5. This year, he's been faster on the draw. Richt may sign 30. But he's fighting tooth and nail with Florida, AU, USC and us for the best kids, and barely holding his own.
BUT yet the dawg faithful truly believe he is doing a great job on the recruiting trail....:rolleye2:

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms

I have to disagree. The best at service out there is Coach Saban. Ever notice when he goes after a recruit the is "under the radar" how quickly that recruit's star rating goes up at all the recruiting sites? JMHO

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

I have to disagree. The best at service out there is Coach Saban. Ever notice when he goes after a recruit the is "under the radar" how quickly that recruit's star rating goes up at all the recruiting sites? JMHO
LOL. Although your point is valid Coach Saban is not a "recruiting service." He is a recruiter. Big difference.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

LOL. Although your point is valid Coach Saban is not a "recruiting service." He is a recruiter. Big difference.

True, but when he evaluates someone and makes an offer, Coaches from all over the country take heed and follow up accordingly. :cool2:

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

True, but when he evaluates someone and makes an offer, Coaches from all over the country take heed and follow up accordingly. :cool2:
True. But that is a completely different animal. We know where Lawson is on 247's rankings, does anyone here know where he is on Coach Saban's? For all you know he agrees with 247. The recruiting services tend to play to their fanbases, Coach Saban could care less whether anyone agrees with his evaluations.

Last edited:

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

True. But that is a completely different animal. We know where Lawson is on 247's rankings, does anyone here know where he is on Coach Saban's. For all you know he agrees with 247. The recruiting services tend to play to their fanbases, Coach Saban could care less whether anyone agrees with his evaluations.
I have a copy of Saban's big board. If you want to sign up to get access to it it's only 9.99 a month. All major credit cards accepted.:)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.