DE / Jack Carl Lawson Updates (Auburn Commit)

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Re: Is Carl Lawson a Barn lock?

Exactly. Why do you think guys like Lawson, Foster, and Trey Johnson commited to the barn ?? M. Adams if he commits to au can be thrown in the same boat too. the way they have looked in the last 2-3 years on defense, its becomes very clear to any prospect that early playing time is readily obtainable down on the plains.
We're playing quite a few freshmen this season as well...just not as full time starters..and winning with them.

I dont think that schools can play that early playign time card on us anymore...saban has been getting all players field time if they've worked hard and learned the schemes...

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

This is all true ,but from what I have been hearing Sal may not be around after the season if Dooley keeps his job or not. Also, the only 5star (for now) that ends up at Auburn is Foster because of other things that him and his family have done.

Can you elaborate, please? :cool:

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Note for the file: Lawson has been in contact with the 'Bama coaching staff, and has been talking of taking an official visit to Tuscaloosa.

Don't expect that we'll sign him, but it's pretty obvious that he's at a memory foam level of softness now. FWIW, I kind of tend to think Georgia might be the team to beat here. Some fences to mend there because apparently he didn't have a firm offer back this spring when he committed to Auburn, but that might be the smart money with Auburn imploding and Dooley/Sunseri possibly on the way out.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Why have we not been more of a player for Lawson? Just curious.
No inside info, but I guess different strokes for different folks. We've never been seriously considered for him i think, so something our coaches don't like or something he doesn't quite like (my guess is the second because he is very talented).

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Does anyone else get the feeling that Lawson will not end up at AU? From his last interview on TV, he was very evasive about Auburn. You could tell he didn't want to say he is for sure going to the barn. Who are his other players? Clemson? UGA, Virginia Tech?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Does anyone else get the feeling that Lawson will not end up at AU? From his last interview on TV, he was very evasive about Auburn. You could tell he didn't want to say he is for sure going to the barn. Who are his other players? Clemson? UGA, Virginia Tech?
LSU is trying to make a run at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
I would say Ole and UT both have legit shots. Suppose to be visiting UT next weekend I believe. He actually was showing interest in UT this summer before the Barn had their troubles. His private trained is a former player for UT.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Its pretty obvious that if you are in the SEC and your program shows a pulse on the field you will get your share of recruits. This ought to show you how coveted playing time as a freshman is to many of these recruits.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Heeeeegone!

It would have been nice to pull Lawson from them as well but I'm sure he goes elsewhere. Imagine him and Liner with our group of LB's?

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Seriously, a guy like Lawson on our defense would be insane.

We could damn near guarantee one of these superstar pass rushers a top 10 pick in the draft, as long as they bring the goods.

Why? Coaching staff are geniuses with defensive schemes that confuse Olines, as well as coaching technique to players. But mainly the amount of coverage sacks you'd get because of our secondary play consistently.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.