James Franklin won't hire you unless you have a hot wife.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
I do not like Franklin, or Vanderbilt, or their uniforms or Nashville, outside of that I am "all in".
I'm with you on everything buy the Nashville part. What in the world don't you like about Nashville? I don't think I've ever known anyone to have a bad thing to say about the city.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'm with you on everything buy the Nashville part. What in the world don't you like about Nashville? I don't think I've ever known anyone to have a bad thing to say about the city.
Been in Tennessee too long, miss Alabama and in about 30 months I am hanging it up and moving South. It ain't Birmingham.

Bud

3rd Team
Jul 25, 2000
Jacksonville, FL. USA
At the end of the day, every coach and every grad asst can be married to a Miss America contestant....but they would still be coaching "Vandy"...(to Vandy's credit, at least they are not Ole Miss)

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
I dont understand the hate toward Nashville. I love the city. Last weekend we took my twin 3 year old girls to the Grand Ole Opry and they loved it. Nashville is one of the best cities around. Anywhere you can go see a 91 year old (Little Jimmy Dickens) play and sing is great.
It is a shame that such a wonderful city is represented in football by Vandy and the Titans. Sorry I will get off my soapbox now.

Capstone46

1st Team
Jun 5, 2000
Barry Switzer may have been worse. He admittedly had affairs with assistant coaches wife and the players never brought their girlfriends around because they knew he would hit on them....and this was at OU.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I do not like Franklin, or Vanderbilt, or their uniforms or Nashville, outside of that I am "all in".
I respected the job he did last season, but this article reeks of arrogance:). When Franklin hits the inevitable Vandy football ceiling, I want to see how he reacts to that, if he stays. Just to make a lowly bowl requires the planets to be in alignment. It will take more than northern 1st class educated assistance to change Vandy's football culture long-term. Steve Spurrier is just now making the upward ticks at SC long-term after 8 season's of hard work. Hidden energy reserves.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
So Franklin will never be able to turn down a candidate now without the risk of an imagined insult of their wife.

:biggrin:

The new Vanderbilt athletic department equal opportunity employment disclaimer:

Vanderbilt University does not discriminate against candidates based on age, race, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, political beliefs or spousal homeliness.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.