Hidden Gem RB - Tyreek Hill - (old thread, plays for Okie St)

Bama_Fan72

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
A lot of colleges are going to miss out on a hidden gem of a RB this year. Tyreek Hill is a speedster RB from Douglas, GA. He just missed setting the U.S. high school record in the 200 meter sprint by .01 by running a 20.14. He's not only fast but has some decent moves and great hands catching the ball. Although smaller (5'10 185 lbs) he doesn't mind hitting the middle. Posting a couple links. I like the second video best but the quality isn't as good, but shows his talent better. So what do you guys think?

http://playnextlevel.com/tyreekhill16/videos/291

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Hidden Gem RB - Tyreek Hill - Coffee County H.S.

The kid is fast. Too much east/west running. I don't know if our staff has shown any interest but slot receiver would appear to be his future.

Bama_Fan72

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007

I agree with the east/ west running, but when he turns the corner he has great speed. I don't know if he even has any offers other than some small colleges. He may end up more focused on track, but he likes football and good coaching could get alot of the dancing around to stop. He had the same time in the 100 meters as Jeff Demps. Like to see what he could do with good coaches (Coffee High coaches were fired after last season).

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN

This is just my opinion, but he seems to rely on his speed an awful lot. He moves east to west, which has been stated, but he also dances around when there is trouble and reverses field instead of trusting the block. Now, granted, he knows his team a heck of a lot better than I do. He's probably doing the best he can with what he was given. I can see him doing well with the smaller colleges, but D1 athletes don't miss tackles like that. Put the kid in the right system though... all bets are off.

Again, just my opinion.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

miggy402

1st Team
Aug 23, 2009
Waycross, GA

I teach at a nearby school and Coffee Co is in our region now after the state reorganized all the regions this summer. We beat them in a scrimmage last year, but I think I remember their RB being injured at the beginning of the season.

I can't speak for the kids talent personally, but Wayne Co is who they are playing in most of those clips, and they have never been known to be a very good football team.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

in the right system he'd be a really good fit D-1. another fast RB who relied on speed through high school and college ended up running for 2000 yards a couple years or so ago in the NFL.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

He looks like a great little athlete to me , but I do not see him as being a primary back for an SEC school .

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Well he made me think of David Palmer. He could return kicks and play receiver for somebody.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

After watching all of his video..I'd love to have him come to Bama..With his shiftiness & speed I think he could be our next Javy returning kicks..He could change the field position in a hurry with a good return & would be a deadly weapon..JMHO

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

After watching all of his video..I'd love to have him come to Bama..With his shiftiness & speed I think he could be our next Javy returning kicks..He could change the field position in a hurry with a good return & would be a deadly weapon..JMHO
he plays for Okie State.....

the poster who revived this thread made comment after he saw him play on TV

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.