Today's Question: Do you remember your favorite book from childhood?

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Huckleberry Finn. We read it as a family, dialects and all. Each night one person would read it aloud and it was quite entertaining. That was a week or two when the television never got turned on.

Strangely enough, the other books that really stand out to me were autobiographies... Catch Me If You Can by Frank Abagnale and Fatso by Art Donovan. I was a strange kid. I never really got into fantasy based books.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
When I was very young I remember Mom reading to us from Childcraft Fairy Tales book.

Later I remember reading myself "Red Badge of Courage", "Tom Sawyer" and "Huck Finn"

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
The first one I can remember was "Saturday's Heroes". Have no idea who wrote it - all I remember is it was about a football team at (fictional) Texas State University. Wish I still had it.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
No, but I remember my favorite movie. Wizard of Oz. I would watch that movie everyday (or so my mom says). I had nightmares from the wicked witch, but I still watched it until my parents figured out why I was scared. :)

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Mine was honestly the books of Calvin and Hobbes strips that were released. They were a huge part of my childhood.
^This. Most of those books I have on my bookshelf have covers worn off, pages yellowed and tattered on the edges, and dog eared page corners. They made many a long car trip from Alabama to Virginia quite pleasant.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Mine was honestly the books of Calvin and Hobbes strips that were released. They were a huge part of my childhood.
^This. Most of those books I have on my bookshelf have covers worn off, pages yellowed and tattered on the edges, and dog eared page corners. They made many a long car trip from Alabama to Virginia quite pleasant.
If those count, then mine is similar. My dad had a ton of Garfield, Beetle Bailey and Don Martin comic strip books. I use to love reading those, but I never read real books as a child. One hundred pages was too long and my video games weren't going to play themselves! I also spent a lot of time shooting hoops in my driveway.

If yall are interested, they have The Complete Calvin and Hobbes which has every strip. My favorite comic strip along with The Far Side.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
If those count, then mine is similar. My dad had a ton of Garfield, Beetle Bailey and Don Martin comic strip books. I use to love reading those, but I never read real books as a child. One hundred pages was too long and my video games weren't going to play themselves! I also spent a lot of time shooting hoops in my driveway.

If yall are interested, they have The Complete Calvin and Hobbes which has every strip. My favorite comic strip along with The Far Side.
Got them both, actually, right next to each other on my bookshelf. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.