Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: UNC football players flocked to suspect class

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Anyone still want North Carolina in the SEC?
    They would fit right in over in east central Alabama.(Sociology U.)

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com
    Man, that's some blatant stupidity right there! How could they possibly spin this to try and get out of it?
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Man, that's some blatant stupidity right there! How could they possibly spin this to try and get out of it?
    Easy. Get on the high-horse and proclaim critics "racist" for calling an 'african-american studies' course suspicious. Demand an apology. Call Al and Jesse.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

LOI 101?

BamaNation Third Team

I suspect that it will go the way of the barn directed reading sociology classes. The NCAA will say they do not monitor studies.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPaul's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by barrytide View Post
    I suspect that it will go the way of the barn directed reading sociology classes. The NCAA will say they do not monitor studies.
    Yup, they did it with Tenn and LSU also.
    " If you stick your head above the crowd, you're going to have people trying to knock it off." -Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by barrytide View Post
    I'm not so sure. The Barn skated because the joke courses were open to all students. It's pretty clear that these classes were set up exclusively for athletes.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by CullmanTide View Post
    Anyone still want North Carolina in the SEC?
    USC, Alabama, Ohio State... what good could any program that ran afoul of the NCAA be?

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

As an alum amd someone living in Chapel Hill currently it has always been a question that seems to get looked over. The majority of the BBall team if you look at their majors in the past all graduate with a degree in African Studies and most knew it was because of how the course was structured for the players.
    "Charlie Don't Surf"

as a person who lived in nc for a quite a few years this is like music to my ears.

the level of snobbery displayed by the blue blood acc teams (especially unc) is sickening. the only bullet left in their arsenal is the academic angle. now that's shot to ....

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When the local media is the ones breaking the story, that is really bad. I hope something comes of it because of what the did to Butch Davis.

BUT I say you will NEVER see the death penalty again especially to the Blue Blood Snobs in NC.

Just look at AL getting Hammered for text books & South Carolina sliding on Hotelgate.

If you do not think there are different standards, I got a bridge for sale.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Blue Blood snobs. I am laughing. Mayne in BBall but sure not football. You guys crack me up. No offense I ahve never seen the level of arrogance I have seen from SEC football fans regarding their school.

In regards to B Davis he had his Nanny taking exams for his players and writing their papers. I am sorry he should not have gotten fired for that. the HC should no better and buck stops at the top. They were coming over to his house and giving her the assignments. Sorry his hands were all over that.

Also the textbook scandel was preceived by the NCAA as a financial benefit the academic fraud at UNC is not. The school will fire everyone involved with no questions asked. In regard to USC their past track record probably saved them any major punishment. If you go read the article about UA coming off probation our track record is not very good as of late.

Yes very different standards, one school that has stayed in trouble over the past 2 decades vs 2 others that have not until lately. UNC problem was hiring B Davis who was dirty long before he came to UNC.

The only arrogance I see here is a few fans that are making it sound like UA is innocent and treated wrongly. And yes before you go off and call me out and say I am not a true UA fan, I have a bridge for you to jump off.
    "Charlie Don't Surf"

My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    I'm not so sure. The Barn skated because the joke courses were open to all students. It's pretty clear that these classes were set up exclusively for athletes.
    The one class quoted in this thread gives that appearance, but there are 54 questionable classes identified overall. From the article:
    Nancy Davis, a spokeswoman for the university, and Jonathan Hartlyn, a senior associate dean who oversees the African studies department and conducted the internal review, continued to stress that non-athletes also took the suspect classes and received the same treatment grade-wise. Records show 42 percent of the enrollments were non-athletes.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/06/...#storylink=cpy
    Bama class of 2000