Bama's Grand Slam

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This makes me want to run out into the street and holler "Roll Tide!"

"I one time had an athletic director that called me in and told me that I needed to relax and enjoy my championships, because we just couldn't keep up with the Joneses," Patterson said. "I responded to him, 'With all due respect, sir, we are the Joneses.' And that's how I feel. If our facilities are the best, that helps you attract the best athletes."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/crimson_tides_greatest_year_ex.html

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Great Article! Thanks for posting Redwood.

"If he doesn't win, I don't think any of us win at the level that we're at," Murphy said.
Football is supreme, Patterson adds.

"Because of the exposure, the financing, everything that it brings to the university, that's what's allowed us to build facilities and fund our programs at the highest level," she said.

Roll Tide!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Wonderful article. Now, if we can just get the men's and women's basketball to join the champions circle ........ I hope the winning atmosphere around campus will become so infectious that highly touted recruits in all sports, can't wait to sign up.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
Wonderful article. Now, if we can just get the men's and women's basketball to join the champions circle ........ I hope the winning atmosphere around campus will become so infectious that highly touted recruits in all sports, can't wait to sign up.
I think it will. You can't simply say "Alabama's just a football school" anymore.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I agree with Sarah Patterson and sure hope the President invites these 3 womens championship teams to the White House. I would be really special if they could all go at the same time.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I heard on the radio this morning that UA was wanting a "Champions" building to display all of our past and future championships. They were going to present to the BOT today IIRC.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
One of the best columns I've read in quite some time and totally on target. We have quite a team of leaders in T-Town and they're all working together and making great things come to pass. ROLL TIDE!!!
sip

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
Great read, the way all the coaches from different sports are supporting each other, there is no way to go but up. It is SOOOOOO great to be a Bama fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.