DL Montravius Adams signs with Auburn

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
Will be visiting this weekend. I think he is arriving tomorrow. I'm not sure if this is his first visit or not.

He hasn't seemed exceptionally high on us, but maybe now that RN is committed to Clemson, it will open things up a bit. I would definitely love to land a stud DL like Adams in this class.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: DL Montravius Adams Updates

Thus isn't his first visit. He was @ the LSU game last year and we have always been with the leaders despite everyone saying other wise. We have been on him a long time. And rn has no outcome on what Adams does and I still will say rn to bama in the end.

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Yes M Adams is here along with G Gilmore, D Walker, and D Liner.

When Adams was asked about playing with RN.

When asked if he had considered the idea of playing with Nkemdiche in college, he said, "no."

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/article.aspx?articleid=1cb974ea-b4ca-4a18-b6a8-ca38e85b1763

It is nice that everytime Adams was suppose to visit he canceled. Now RN commits to Clemson and he comes to camp. But I do believe AU is his leader coming in and from everything out there that has been written lately supposrts it. Unlike RN where he never named UA his leader this past spring but many assumed he was a lock, which btw do not exist in recruiting.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Auburn vs Clemson for this DT
I doubt there's room for him at Clemson. Dabo is only signing Grayson High School players.
its amazing what a new DC from the NFL can do for auburn's defensive recruitments...
I'm not sure that Uncle Rico has caused an increase in AU's defensive recruitment. Below are 4* and 5* defensive recruits under Chizik.

Taikwon Page
Reggie Taylor
Jamar Travis

Jake Holland
Joel Bonomolo
Corey Lemonier
Craig Sanders
Kenneth Carter
Jeffrey Whitaker
LaDarius Owens

Jonathon Rose
Gabe Wright
Jermaine Whitehead
Robenson Therezie
Erique Florence
Kris Frost

Joshua Holsey
Javierre Mitchell
Cassanova McKinzy
Tyler Nero

Dee Liner
Carl Lawson
Trey Johnson

2009 was the worse year in signing 4* or 5* defensive players for Chizik. The issue hasn't been signing the talented defensive players. The problem has (and is) coaching the talent and keeping the talent in school. How many of those guys are no longer at Auburn for whatever reason?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Then you havent been watching any aubrens games!!!
Look at the list of players. How many have you seen play? I remember most of them from recruiting, but several haven't played yet.

The 2009 signees don't mean a thing to me. Did they ever play a down for Auburn? Most of the 2010 guys have made an impact; not sure LaDarius has done much. The 2011 players have had only one year to make a name for themselves, so we can't really include them.

narrdogg81 hit the point I was trying to show. There's been no player development at AU. Is Lemonier any better in year 3 of his AU career than he was as a high school senior? Doesn't really look like it.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture

Look at the list of players. How many have you seen play? I remember most of them from recruiting, but several haven't played yet.

The 2009 signees don't mean a thing to me. Did they ever play a down for Auburn? Most of the 2010 guys have made an impact; not sure LaDarius has done much. The 2011 players have had only one year to make a name for themselves, so we can't really include them.

narrdogg81 hit the point I was trying to show. There's been no player development at AU. Is Lemonier any better in year 3 of his AU career than he was as a high school senior? Doesn't really look like it.
Lemonier is a stud actually. He's probably a top 5 DE in his class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Lemonier is a stud actually. He's probably a top 5 DE in his class.
I agree. My question was has he progressed since being at Auburn? Doesn't look like it. He came out of high school as one of the elite players but doesn't appear to have gotten better.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I agree. My question was has he progressed since being at Auburn? Doesn't look like it. He came out of high school as one of the elite players but doesn't appear to have gotten better.
That logic would mean Trent and Julio weren't coached up. We can give auburn credit for lemonier his profession from year one to two was substantial. Having said that he's pretty much the only one on that list who has turned out great so far.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That logic would mean Trent and Julio weren't coached up. We can give auburn credit for lemonier his profession from year one to two was substantial. Having said that he's pretty much the only one on that list who has turned out great so far.
Do you not think Julio or Trent got better while at Bama?

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Do you not think Julio or Trent got better while at Bama?
I do. But your logic he was good out of high school and is good now so he hasn't improved. That could apply to Julio. Lemonier has gotten better i dont even think he was a starter his freshman year then was first team all conference. We can't deny everything that auburn does.

But like I said most of those guys haven't been much. Whitaker was a starter last year and gabe wright played a bunch but outside that there hasn't been much.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I do. But your logic he was good out of high school and is good now so he hasn't improved. That could apply to Julio. Lemonier has gotten better i dont even think he was a starter his freshman year then was first team all conference. We can't deny everything that auburn does.

But like I said most of those guys haven't been much. Whitaker was a starter last year and gabe wright played a bunch but outside that there hasn't been much.
I'll give Auburn credit where it's due; I have plenty of times before and taken slack for it.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I'll give Auburn credit where it's due; I have plenty of times before and taken slack for it.
Sounds good. I just think your logic could be used against bama quite easily by other fans. "well he gets all 4 and 5 stars of course they win". Lemonier has gotten better and was pretty much their only bright spot on d last year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sounds good. I just think your logic could be used against bama quite easily by other fans. "well he gets all 4 and 5 stars of course they win". Lemonier has gotten better and was pretty much their only bright spot on d last year.
He was their only bright spot because Chizik's former staff failed to develop players as a whole. Can Rico develop the talent? Chiz better hope so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.