Oh boy, words can't describe this t shirt

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'm not sure what's more tasteless: the reference itself, or the improper use of the word "then".
"Then", rather than "than". Is this just another example of the dumbing down of our society as we pitch head first into the texting, tweeting, etc., etc. way of life? Writing, grammar, composition are going the way of the dodo (IMHO, of course). Not to mention the art of an intelligent, face-to-face conversation.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There's still some butt-hurt going around tigger nation. I feel for ole Lester this season because every game and every play will be scrutinized to death. I also wonder if some of the tigger fans have built up in their minds video game like passing numbers for their new wonder-boy quarterback? Because he's supposed to be the missing piece that's been keeping this offense from being unstoppable.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Bama seems to be doing fine without the LSU fanbase support.

I don't care if they take showers in Louisiana or Pennsylvania, I'm just glad they finally realize bathing might be a good idea in general.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
What's really funny is that, due to the incorrect grammar, what the shirt actually says is that they want to take a shower at Penn State and then support Alabama without specifying what they don't want to do instead.

It's kind of like those shirts that say "I'd rather be" fishing, golfing, etc. but don't give the "rather than what" portion. In those instances it means they rather be doing that than whatever they're doing now.

Since that shirt has an LSU logo on it, I'm thinking they're really saying that they'd rather take a shower at Penn State [to wash off the tiger stank] and root for Alabama [rather than root for LSU]. :biggrin:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
And this rivalry picks up a little more steam.:s-chainsaw: on TideFans.com
No offense towards you but this "ain't no" rivalry except in the heads of LSU folks. The ONLY reason Bama fans pay any sort of attention to this game in the manner we do is because of the Nick Saban factor and his connections with LSU. But a "rivalry" is what we have with UT and AU. Where it doesn't matter who's the coach. But to me there's no "rivalry" with the who's, as bad as they want it to be.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
No offense towards you but this "ain't no" rivalry except in the heads of LSU folks. The ONLY reason Bama fans pay any sort of attention to this game in the manner we do is because of the Nick Saban factor and his connections with LSU. But a "rivalry" is what we have with UT and AU. Where it doesn't matter who's the coach. But to me there's no "rivalry" with the who's, as bad as they want it to be.
Yeah, and it was just a few years ago that Florida fans were claiming to be one of Bama's top rivals. Both Florida and LSU have now been Sabanized, but they never were true rivals.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
"Then", rather than "than". Is this just another example of the dumbing down of our society as we pitch head first into the texting, tweeting, etc., etc. way of life?
No, words like this have been confused for generations. Check out some text books from the 1960s and you'll see sections that include commonly interchanged words like this.

This is especially true in areas like the south with heavy accents where words are rarely enunciated correctly or fully - words like "ten/tin" & "heel/hill" end up being homophones and "then/than" is pretty close.

Of course, it's silly that it made it onto a t-shirt without anyone noticing, but it has nothing to do with generational ignorance.

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Yeah, and it was just a few years ago that Florida fans were claiming to be one of Bama's top rivals. Both Florida and LSU have now been Sabanized, but they never were true rivals.
Agreed. It is not a rivalry if the "intensity" and "importance" of the game hinges on variables and other factors that can change from year to year. With UT and AU, it doesn't matter if both teams are pitiful. The game is a big deal to BOTH fanbases.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
No, words like this have been confused for generations. Check out some text books from the 1960s and you'll see sections that include commonly interchanged words like this.

This is especially true in areas like the south with heavy accents where words are rarely annouciated correctly or fully - words like "ten/tin" & "heel/hill" end up being homophones and "then/than" is pretty close.

Of course, it's silly that it made it onto a t-shirt without anyone noticing, but it has nothing to do with generational ignorance.
Do you mean enunciated?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.