Question: Is Auburn still your biggest rival? Or has LSU now claimed that title?

Which team is Alabama's biggest rival?

• Auburn

Votes: 80 95.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters

nerd

Jul 6, 2012
I am a Boston College fan and I'm looking to experience more college football than just the ACC. I'm looking to attend the biggest Rivalry games in other conferences and I've decided that my SEC rivalry game must include Alabama.

So, would I be better off attending Alabama-LSU or Alabama-Auburn? I know that lately, Alabama-LSU might have more national championship implications, but I really want to experience true rivalry games.

BamaQ

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 12, 1999
Savannah, GA
Re: Is Auburn still your biggest rival? Or has LSU now claiming that title?

It will always be Auburn and that is definitely the game you should go to...nothing else like it.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Too bad it means every other year you have to go "there". (Trying hard to be nice.)

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

It's not LSU.

LSU will be much more likely to be a great game atmosphere because both programs are so good right now, but from Alabama's perspective, LSU is not a true rival. We dominated the series until 2000, then LSU won 7 of 8 games until 2008. It's been pretty even since then so there is this attempt by the media to paint it as a rivalry, but in the traditional sense, this isn't so.

Auburn and Tennessee are Alabama's traditional rivalries. The fan base is split on which game is bigger, with the old guard favoring Tennessee and the younger fans favoring the Auburn game. We have played Tennessee nearly a 100 times while the Auburn series was canceled from about 1906 until it's resumption in 1948.

All 3 games would be fantastic to attend, though. For sheer media blitz and hype, the LSU game is probably best right now. The Auburn game is probably the next in line from a hype standpoint, only because they struggled last year and don't appear to be ready to compete at an elite level this year. If they have a good record in late November, though, it's going to be hard to top.

Tennessee is last in line right now as far as hype goes because they stink. If they ever right the ship, that will change. However, it's still a huge rivalry game and is full of college football pageantry and history. It's a great game to attend, especially if it's held in the afternoon. The leaves changing, a cool brisk Autumn air, and Alabama vs. Tennessee? Now that's hard to beat.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

1a) Auburn
1b) Tennessee
2) Everybody else - as stated LSWho is an obstacle

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

Nerd if you wanna come visit come on. But if you want to come to a Bama/Barn game to "experience" a football rivalry as a neutral observer it's not a good idea. It's not a football rively as you understand them. This is a full-on blood feud between faimly/friends/communities/churches and kin where people die and neutral observers with a bag of popcorn just wanting to see the show are not well received by either side. Try TOSU/Michigan, Texas/OU, USC/Notra Dame, Old Miss/Mississippi State, etc.etc. anywhere they play football then go home.
If you must come double up your insurance and drive a rental just in case.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida

Top Rivals:

#1 Auburn
#2 Tennessee
#3 LSU

LSU has become the most competitive of our top 3 rivals. But Auburn will always be our #1 rival.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Interesting question that caused me to really think about what "rival" means to me. It comes down to who ruins our season for me if Alabama loses to them. For so many reasons, that team is Tennessee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.

Auburn is our biggest rival imo. The 2nd most popular team on this board is Auburn.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Auburn is our rival! LSU is not.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

LSU is stronger program and very similar to us and probably tied with the Vols for second rival. However, I hate Auburn 24/7. I'd walk barefoot over glass to punch Cam Newton in the throat.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Tennessee.

Auburn is just another little brother.

Last edited:
Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al

Yes LSU is definitely a rival. They are just not THE rival. IMHO Tennessee is first then Auburn. LSU has always been a rival but is 3rd in the pecking order.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011

Tennessee is the correct answer, and how they can ever fall from the #1 spot after the Fulmer-Kramer-Culpepper-NCAA axis of evil decimated UA Football is incomprehensible to me.

The aubs have done a great job of making Bama fans think they are our biggest nemesis and rival.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

lsu is still a series, to me. They may consider us a rival, but I don't know that the BAMA fanbase, in general, feels mutually "rivalrous" (I just made that up. Feel free to use it)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.