Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dee Hart's Progress from Injury

Has anyone heard anything on Dee and how he's doing? He's the one guy I was most excited about out of the '10 class before sustaining his injury. Any updates would be appreciated.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Dee Hart

Should be fine, looked very good at A day.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I think he could have a breakout year. He's not ever going to be an every down back , but can offer a really fast burst in open space. This guy was a 5 star recruit and I'm looking foward to see him play.

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I think he could have a breakout year. He's not ever going to be an every down back , but can offer a really fast burst in open space. This guy was a 5 star recruit and I'm looking foward to see him play.
    I have never seen the #1 rated all purpose back recruit not considered an every down player, that's a contradiction to the 5-star #1 rating. Were is this specialty or too small for the the job stuff coming from? I have never read that anywhere.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I heard the doctor gave him super powers that allow his legs to release oil when a defender tries to tackle him. Also, he now has the ability to run through the air, so he just takes the handoff and jumps straight up and begins to run.

I continue to be amazed at medicine these days.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Suspended
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Dee can make any cut he wants to make now and Dr.'s have cleared him for full contact. Word from the coaches is, he is 100%. Lacy is working out but is still not 100% from his off season surgery for his turf toe. Sometimes that can really linger for a while, but he's expected to start this fall with Jalston Fowler starting the year in the number two role. Dee Hart will get his carries and so will freshman T.J. Yeldon.

Behind this year's starting offensive line, you and I could rush for at least 500 yards in limited play.... (G)

It's gonna be a fun year watching teams try and stop this running machine...

Larry

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by lbsportswriter View Post
    Dee can make any cut he wants to make now and Dr.'s have cleared him for full contact. Word from the coaches is, he is 100%. Lacy is working out but is still not 100% from his off season surgery for his turf toe. Sometimes that can really linger for a while, but he's expected to start this fall with Jalston Fowler starting the year in the number two role. Dee Hart will get his carries and so will freshman T.J. Yeldon.

Behind this year's starting offensive line, you and I could rush for at least 500 yards in limited play.... (G)

It's gonna be a fun year watching teams try and stop this running machine...

Larry
    I'm thinking from what I have seen he is more in the Blake Sims mold type of back. A change of pace or 3rd down back assuming he can catch the ball well. My opinion is that Yeldon will be taking his snaps sooner rather than later. I've heard glowing reports on Yeldon from numerous sources. Still, I would love to see Fowler pound them into submission.

BamaNation All-American

I agree on Yeldon, RJ. He seems to be a great combination of speed, agility, and power. But he's a true freshman. Entering early and going through an offseason conditioning regime and a spring practice will undoubtedly help. But the fact remains, 365 days ago he was between his HS junior and senior years.

Fowler definitely looked like a bowling ball against physically and mentally eroded defenses last year. Don't expect that same performance against fresh defenses in 2012, especially early in the year. We've never had a better running back than Trent Richardson, and he struggled early last season, especially in the first half. No criticism of Trent, just recognition of the effects of defenses that are fresh and/or still believe.

We're admittedly spoiled. Not many teams can follow a Heisman winner with Trent. We still have talent, but Lacy probably won't be the hoss this year, Fowler has limitations, and the rest are young and unproven at this level.

I expect early struggles on the ground, with Fowler, Yeldon and Hart maturing nicely during the year. But freshmen tend to hit a mental and physical wall at around the 2/3 to 3/4 mark. We're fortunate in that, with the numbers we have, the young guys probably won't have a lot of mileage on them, so maybe they won't hit the wall that early. Also, with the best OL in the country, we should be much hell on the ground in the last five games, barring key injuries. Question is, can we get to that point unblemished? We'll see.

Major vulnerability is QB. Sims' transfer hurt. Behind AJ, there's nobody we can count on in the no-foolin' clutch.

Still, barring devastating injuries, nobody will want to play this team in the 70 days from November 1, 2012 to January 10, 2013.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; July 7th, 2012 at 09:24 PM.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

BamaNation First Team Gallowglas's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    I agree on Yeldon, RJ. He seems to be a great combination of speed, agility, and power. But he's a true freshman. Entering early and going through an offseason conditioning regime and a spring practice will undoubtedly help. But the fact remains, 365 days ago he was between his HS junior and senior years.
    That didn't stop Trent from being a beast his freshman year. I realize that Yeldon isn't Trent. Maybe no RB is. However, I think Yeldon's destiny is in his own hands. With his talent, the quality of blockers he'll have, and the opportunities he'll have available (especially if Lacy isn't 100%), I expect to see him shine this year.

We can predict and listen to third party predictions but there is a hidden intangible with these untested RB's, just like in battle, that we will not see until they hit the big stage. The QB battle last season was a great example. 3rd party information usually had Sims superior in all departments. IMO who will ultimately be the starter for the 2014 season is a complete toss up.

It is good to know that Hart is healthy.

BamaNation First Team Alabama22's Avatar

Honestly, Jalston Fowler sort of reminds me of Hershel Walker when he was at Georgia. Speed and size are a tough combination to defend.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: Dee Hart's Progress from Injury

If there is one position I've learned I don't have to worry about it's RB. Coach Burns really knows how to coach these guys up and get their very best. I think we'll see a diverse bunch toting the rock this year, behind a great offensive line, ultimately wearing down other teams.

And speaking of Yeldon...with his height and burst around the corner, he reminds me of McFadden. JMO.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

Alabama22: agree, and I hope he shows up this fall even further improved. Yes, he whipped tired defenses last year, but if media reports covering his years from late high school through last year, I sense remaining potential that additional age and work may bring to fruition. In short, I see the possibility of JF showing up this fall even stronger, faster, and with a matured skill set - an even more beastly Beast.