Any word on the roster?

LukeBentley

Scout Team
May 31, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
www.comcast.net
Hello, According to my 2012 roster, the players that I have heard from different sources are as follows:
Brandt Hendricks- Graduation
AJ Cole- left team, probably looking for more playing time
Adam Windsor- probably same as AJ
Chazz Otwell-
Case Nixon- Giving up baseball, wanted more playing time
Ian Gardeck- signed contract with San Francisco
Jerimiah Tulledge- wanted more playing time

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Hello, According to my 2012 roster, the players that I have heard from different sources are as follows:
Chazz Otwell-
Ozwell and Nixon both showed flashes last year, but one thing we do have is arms, especially if Wolfe and Hawley come back. Losing Cole is disturbing to me because he was supposed to be a really good signing and any time guys leave like this I am in the mind set now that lack of development by the staff is at least a part of the problem.

Thanks for the replies.

rtr

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Ozwell and Nixon both showed flashes last year, but one thing we do have is arms, especially if Wolfe and Hawley come back. Losing Cole is disturbing to me because he was supposed to be a really good signing and any time guys leave like this I am in the mind set now that lack of development by the staff is at least a part of the problem.

Thanks for the replies.

rtr
I think Gaspard screwed Cole out of the gate. He performed well enough during fall and spring to win the job at 3B, but he has a rough game and a half and then he's out and his confidence is shot to ****.

I'm disappointed about Nixon as I thought he had a chance to give us a good "power" arm out of the pen when he returned from TJ surgery.

BamaBriar

Scout Team
Mar 24, 2011
Ben Moore played his way into the line up. Wish it would have worked out for AJ. I think defensively he did better at 2B towards the end of the season than at 3B at the beginning of the season. He struggled at the plate the entire season. Unfortunately, he wasn't alone. Kenny Roberts played well at 2B (of course, there is always room for improvement). But, where we need Kenny to come through to stay in the line up next year is offensively.

RTR Rube

Nov 24, 2007
Ben Moore played his way into the line up. Wish it would have worked out for AJ. I think defensively he did better at 2B towards the end of the season than at 3B at the beginning of the season. He struggled at the plate the entire season. Unfortunately, he wasn't alone. Kenny Roberts played well at 2B (of course, there is always room for improvement). But, where we need Kenny to come through to stay in the line up next year is offensively.
Kenny is hitting .241 and has 8HR putting him only behind the Tide's Ben Moore in the HR category in the Northwoods League this Summer. Kenny hit .162 with 2HR last season. He's not exactly setting the world on fire, and he's still striking out a good bit, but it's good to see him improving, although, I'm not sure of the quality of Northwoods League pitching.

http://www.pointstreak.com/baseball/division_leaders.html?divisionid=13842&seasonid=12218

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
I saw the Tuscaloosa News top baseball players in the area and one was Jackson Terry from Class 1A (or 2A) Holy Spirit. Congratulations to the kid on his fine achievement. In the bio, it said he would be walking on at Alabama. Not sure what position he plays, or what other schools sent form letters, but maybe he's James Tullidge's successor at 3B?

Zona

1st Team
Feb 22, 2008
Mobile
Chazz Otwell-
I also heard Windham Jackson wouldn't be back. A guy I know told me Cole was probably not that good to begin with and overrated, but I figured if we trotted out a freshman to start on opening night, he must have some talent and that talent just didn't get developed.

bench

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2011
I also heard Windham Jackson wouldn't be back. A guy I know told me Cole was probably not that good to begin with and overrated, but I figured if we trotted out a freshman to start on opening night, he must have some talent and that talent just didn't get developed.
just looking at the performance of the players listed as left the program i can't remember anything the did to help the team. most would have been better off going the jc route to improve. i give them credit for realizing their situation and moving on to the next step in their life, i wish them well.
with the returning players, the new players and who ever is coaching them will start next year with my full support. a fellow once said that you win baseball games with the next pitch, you got to forget the last pitch. bama is my team and they will have my support, there will always be time to be critical later.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Right, and that time is NOW, here in the offseason when our first pitch is about six-seven months away.

Everyone here supports Bama baseball or they wouldn't bother to read this forum. Doesn't mean we don't support the program because we do not feel that the staff is the best available or that there shouldn't be improvement all the way round.

rtr

BamaBriar

Scout Team
Mar 24, 2011
Kenny hit a HR yesterday and then had another HR (3 RBI) today. That brings him up to 10 for the summer. Tied with Ben Moore for the most in the Northwoods League. Kenny hit a second HR tonight - So now he takes the lead with 11 for the summer.

Last edited:

BamBBall

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 14, 2012
Hoover, Alabama
I cant remember anything mg has done to help this program. I think mg would be better off if he would go to a JC. I hope too give mg credit for realizing his situation here at Bama and move on to the next step in his life. If he really cared about Bama he would turn in his notice tomorrow. He has shown that he does'nt know anything about coaching... RTR

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I saw Kenny Roberts have a couple of games where he was the guy who came out of Meridian CC - numbers-wise. And then, I saw him play a bunch of games where they had him in there simply because no one else was comfortable fielding the ball at 2nd. IF he could have as big a senior year as he seems to be able to have wearing any other uniform than ours it would be huge, especially since our two most consistent hitters from the past two seasons have moved on the pro ball.

Sounds like Moore is doing well. That kid can play.

rtr

heathco9

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010
nothing is going to change. CMG expects the players to get better on their on while he ,AP,and Dax do nothing to get better themselves.How can you ask your team to do something that you are not willing to do youself ?These coaches are nowhere close to being where they need to be to coach in this league.

bench

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2011
Brett Booth is on the Cape (must have headed up there mid-season). He plays for the Brewster Whitecaps. He has played in 7 games and has a .188 batting average. Glad to see him participating in summer ball.

http://ccbl.bbstats.pointstreak.com/player.html?playerid=336136
smith is also up on the cape batting .145 with a few homers. its good to hear we have another player up there. everyone says that is a pitchers league so maybe booth and smith will get some experience to help the team next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.