Tejas Fans Still Bitter?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I was listening to Rivals Radio on Yahoo Sports Radio just now. The special guest host was a guy from orangebloods.com (not Chip Brown). He began talking about Texas' upcoming season. To setup the discussion, he mentioned them being 3 years removed from a national title game appearance. He proceeded to tell Bama fans all across the country that if Colt hadn't gotten hurt that Texas would have won. He covered his butt by saying Bama won fair and square.

Really? Even their paid site guys still bring up the "If Colt hadn't gotten hurt..." junk? Sure hope they don't complain if OU fans tell them that OU wins the 2009 Red River Shootout if Bradford had not gotten injured again.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I arrived in Dallas yesterday for a 5 day job in Longview. I'll be 2 hrs from Dallas an an hour from Shreveport. My hard hat has 4 stickers: my name, my company, a small quarter-sized script A on the front, and the same sticker on the back. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Plus, when I'm off site, either one of two BAMA caps I brought will be on my head. Someone's gotta say something!

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I arrived in Dallas yesterday for a 5 day job in Longview. I'll be 2 hrs from Dallas an an hour from Shreveport. My hard hat has 4 stickers: my name, my company, a small quarter-sized script A on the front, and the same sticker on the back. We'll see how it goes. ;)

Plus, when I'm off site, either one of two BAMA caps I brought will be on my head. Someone's gotta say something!
No one will say anything, at least they haven't to me yet. I go to Austin and Ft. Hood every quarter and stay at the Embassy Suites downtown Austin which is about a mile from the campus. I wear my Bama gear proudly and the only thing I get is "how will Bama do this year". I've never had a problem.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia

was at Lackland AFB earlier this year for the youngest sons graduation from bootcamp. ran into one of the D.I.'s there who threw out the "oh, you know if Colt hadn't got hurt..." we had a good time with it joked about it and all that but yea, some are still a little butthurt over it....

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I make the mistake of occasionally going on ESPN boards, to help repel the venom / envy being spewed by the Bama haters, and yes, the "If Colt hadn't got hurt" from Tejas fans is a regular staple.

So I'd agree that butthurt about covers it...

:smile:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
No one will say anything, at least they haven't to me yet. I go to Austin and Ft. Hood every quarter and stay at the Embassy Suites downtown Austin which is about a mile from the campus. I wear my Bama gear proudly and the only thing I get is "how will Bama do this year". I've never had a problem.

I was in Austin two years ago at the Hilton downtown. Went out on the town (6th street? Is that the big bar scene?) Got a couple of comments, but yeah, for a high-profile college town, they sure are tame. I had assumed they'd be as passionate as other high profile schools, but I learned quickly they are only as passionate as 'being cool' allows. Far too mellow.....

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think it's several factors, all leading to their current state of frustration.

First, they lost to us, and still are torn up about Colt.

Second, they've vastly underachieved since then. So their last memory of being relevant is that BCSNCG -- which carries painful memories in addition to the loss.

Third, their perpetual little brother, aTm, finally told them where to go.

Fourth, the whole country got an up-close look at how their arrogance reduced the Big 12-2 to a shadow of its former self, and dang near destroyed it.

Finally, despite stellar recruiting for years, they've been losing in the same conference that they themselves weakened.

They're the high school beauty queen who's fallen on hard times, no longer gets the attention she's used to, and walks away from the reunion muttering, "But I used to be pretty....I used to be pretty."

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ

You might hear a Roll Tide or you might year something not so nice.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I had to ejuhmuhkate a couple of fools I work with on the whole "if Colt didn't get hurt" issue. Besides the obvious retorts, I had to join in the what if game a little and ask them a few questions, one of which was:

What makes you think Colt would have made it through the game even if he hadn't been hurt on that play?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
You might hear a Roll Tide or you might year something not so nice.
I am fully expecting that any convo or comment will begin with a tone that reeks of "oh, gawd...you're an obnoxious Alabama fan who doesn't realize you lucked into your last two National Championships...." Then once they get that out of their system, maybe it'll go well. :)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If Colt didn't get hurt....who knows? None of us knows. Not us. Not them. Nobody.

But I've never understood how McCoy playing or not playing..

- helps Texas failure to score a TD from the one on the drive he was hurt
- helps their run defense, who let two backs rush for 100 yards
- helps Malcolm Williams catch the TD he dropped

I could list more but you get the point

Bamaparrotheads

3rd Team
Jan 27, 2011
Madison, AL
If Colt didn't get hurt....who knows? None of us knows. Not us. Not them. Nobody.

But I've never understood how McCoy playing or not playing..

- helps Malcolm Williams catch the TD he dropped
I still believe that Marquis Johnson got a finger on that ball. And if I'm wrong, don't tell me. My mind is made up and facts will only confuse me.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And if we hadn't lost our best receiver on a punt return in January, we woulda scored and beat LSU.

Oh, never mind.......:)

Carol91670

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 1, 2002
Paris, Texas, United States
I've lived here for three years and no one has ever said that to me. I walked in the grocery store the day after the game, wearing my very bright sweatshirt. A Crimson shirt with huge letters across the front spelling BAMA. You couldn't miss me! One man talked to me, congratulating me on the win, saying Mack Brown was whiny, etc. He was an Aggie though. One duo of women saw me, I saw one of them look at me and bump the other to get her attention. I acted like I didn't see it but I did :) In all the years of wearing my Bama clothes, no one has ever said that to me. I think they know better! Some non Texas fans have mentioned it, I always say Colt had not had a good year, stumbled in all of his big games that year, backed their way into the game and he did not play on defense, therefore he would not have stopped our TWO rushers who put up over 100 yards. The kids have said that it's all they heard at school though.

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
I live in Dallas - and I hear it all the time. Texas fans whine alot about this game. But remember, wasn't Hightower also injured for the BCS game with Texas? If we had lost, would we have blamed it on the fact our top LB was out? No, we would not.

When we lose, we don't blame it on an injury or a bad call - and I remember several of these over the past few years. We don't whine. We take it as a loss - and then, get ready for the next game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.