Link: 14 dead and up to 50 people wounded in CO shooting

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

In Aurora Colorado at an early screening of the new "Batman The Dark Knight Rises" film.

This is just coming over the wire as the story still shows 14 dead and 20 wounded but has been updated to 14 killed and 50 wounded.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20/several-reportedly-dead-injured-after-shooting-at-colorado-movie-theater/

He said there was confusion in the theater when the shooting began because many believed the sound of gunfire was coming from the movie next door.

Oates said that the suspect used some sort of "smoke device" before opening fire in the theater.
Witnesses, however, told KUSA that the gunman kicked in an emergency exit door and threw a smoke bomb into the darkened theater before opening fire.

The man suspected of opening fire on the crowded theater was taken into custody, Oates said.

The heavily armed suspect, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was apprehended by police in a parking lot at the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman told CNN. The identity of the suspect has not immediately been released.
"We do no have evidence of a second gunman," Oates said.

Last edited:

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
What could possibly go so wrong for someone that would cause him to resort to something like this? Absolute mindless disregard for human life. Seems to be happening far too often these days.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
I just can't understand what would make someone do such a terrible deed. Prayers to those shot and their families. I usually don't carry a weapon around town but things like this make me think twice about it, even here in a small town.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I just can't understand what would make someone do such a terrible deed. Prayers to those shot and their families. I usually don't carry a weapon around town but things like this make me think twice about it, even here in a small town.
i can't imagine either, some serious crazy.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
My prayers go out to the victims and their families.

I have to say that the Today Show's coverage this morning was horrible. Matt Lauer is an idiot, he kept saying over and over that "I'm sure many people thought it was part of the movie." That's a dumb statement to make but, I guess he doesn't go to many movies because I've never been to one were they had an person come into the theater and do something as "part of the movie." I just think that was a dumb statement to make and he kept saying it, I heard it at least 3 times before I left for work. They also interviewed what sounded like a 15 year old kid that was in the mall next to the theater. The kid was giving a first hand account like he was in the theater about how long the shooting lasted and stuff like that but, he was in the mall next door. How does that kid know anything. Just thought there coverage was pretty poor, it felt like WSFA put the story together. I guess I should stop expecting more from the national media.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
My prayers go out to the victims and their families.

I have to say that the Today Show's coverage this morning was horrible. Matt Lauer is an idiot, he kept saying over and over that "I'm sure many people thought it was part of the movie." That's a dumb statement to make but, I guess he doesn't go to many movies because I've never been to one were they had an person come into the theater and do something as "part of the movie." I just think that was a dumb statement to make and he kept saying it, I heard it at least 3 times before I left for work. They also interviewed what sounded like a 15 year old kid that was in the mall next to the theater. The kid was giving a first hand account like he was in the theater about how long the shooting lasted and stuff like that but, he was in the mall next door. How does that kid know anything. Just thought there coverage was pretty poor, it felt like WSFA put the story together. I guess I should stop expecting more from the national media.
Actually some of the attendees who were interviewed afterward said they thought this was part of the movie at first.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Its almost impossible to escape violence anymore. Truly awful.

What in the world was a 3 month old baby doing at a midnight showing of a 3 hour long action movie?

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Actually some of the attendees who were interviewed afterward said they thought this was part of the movie at first.
Well, I missed that but, I still don't understand why anyone would think that. I've never been to a movie were they had actors come out during the movie to perform a scene. I guess the in the moment you're kind of in disbelief about what is going on. I still don't like Matt Lauer.

I wonder if this is going to cause theaters to stop allowing geeks to dress up for these midnight showings. If I was a theater owner I'd never allow it again after this incident.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.