Breaking News: Penn State Will Remove Joe Paterno Statue

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Let them put the players wall back up. I do not see how that should bother anyone but they are really asking from a lot of really bad press of they put his statue back by the stadium.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
If they put that statue up at the stadium again, they better have an armed guard by it 24/7. These people just don't get it. This man was complicit in letting his buddy ruin the lives of a lot of people. His legacy will be how he looked the other way and let a pedophile run free in his showers and the football facilities.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
Melt the statue down and make bullets for cops who are working on catching child predators.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
There was a way for them to come away from this horrific saga and recover as an institution. By institution I'm referring to the University, the football program, the fan base, and the Paterno family. They have chosen the exact opposite direction. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe this bunch.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I'm glad they have Auburn on a future schedule and not us. The thought of that cult ever being welcomed to Bryant-Denny again makes me nauseous.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
There was a way for them to come away from this horrific saga and recover as an institution. By institution I'm referring to the University, the football program, the fan base, and the Paterno family. They have chosen the exact opposite direction. Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe this bunch.
Yep, the football program still runs the university.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

They're a lot like an inmate who was proven conclusively guilty, spent time in prison for murder, one of the multiple judges that heard their appeal got overruled on a pedantic point of discipline, they were given a compassionate early release, and they're now out of prison insisting on wages lost for their 'wrongful imprisonment' and restoration of their reputation.....and even demanding that the people who passed judgment on them apologize despite the indisputability of their guilt.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
I'm glad they have Auburn on a future schedule and not us. The thought of that cult ever being welcomed to Bryant-Denny again makes me nauseous.
Couldn't agree more. I was there to see Paterno at mid field after the last meeting. What was then a cherished memory is now tarnished forever.

If they want the statue so bad let the University auction it off to whatever deranged group may want it then put the money toward detaining and punishing people like Sandusky.:mad:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
They're a lot like an inmate who was proven conclusively guilty, spent time in prison for murder, one of the multiple judges that heard their appeal got overruled on a pedantic point of discipline, they were given a compassionate early release, and they're now out of prison insisting on wages lost for their 'wrongful imprisonment' and restoration of their reputation.....and even demanding that the people who passed judgment on them apologize despite the indisputability of their guilt.
I'm wondering if some, a lot, most, or all of those making the demands are also supporters, or members of nambla?
I seem to notice that this country is on a downhill slide into the most perverse society known to man since Sodom and Gomorrah.
I know, this is bordering on politics, but I didn't bring it up.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
You went so far over the border I am going to build a wall and make you pay for it:smile:
I'm wondering if some, a lot, most, or all of those making the demands are also supporters, or members of nambla?
I seem to notice that this country is on a downhill slide into the most perverse society known to man since Sodom and Gomorrah.
I know, this is bordering on politics, but I didn't bring it up.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I have mixed emotions. Got to shake his hand while in the drumline at Legion field, I went to great lengths to do so. I was 12 during the great goal line stand Sugar Bowl NC, so I always liked him.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
People still stand up for Michael Jackson to. Never mind that a child knew intimate details about him, let's forget his stash of deviant (and child related) material. He made songs people like so people pretend he didn't molest children. Same for Paterno. Sure he covered up for a pedophile, but like Penn State football did really well under him and that's all that matters right?

Fact is I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying something to people I see wearing Penn State shirts...
You can add Pete Townshend, Roman Polanski, and a few others to the list as well. Amazing that people still defend them.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
You can add Pete Townshend, Roman Polanski, and a few others to the list as well. Amazing that people still defend them.
Yes Pete pulled a Hillary with his "research", which included going to boy illegal sites and paying with credit card in the name of " research" inspired from an unproven abuse as a youngster.......the average "Joe" would not have gotten away with that.

On Joe? I want to continue to research. Let the truth set you free or damn you.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Make the Paterno statue periodically rotate so it's always looking the other way..It would be the best way to represent what he did that allowed innocent kids to be raped & hurt under his watch at Penn St..

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Yes Pete pulled a Hillary with his "research", which included going to boy illegal sites and paying with credit card in the name of " research" inspired from an unproven abuse as a youngster.......the average "Joe" would not have gotten away with that.

On Joe? I want to continue to research. Let the truth set you free or damn you.
Surely your not using politics in this thread.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.